Author Topic: Breadmakers  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Aimee

• View Profile
Breadmakers
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:51:23 am »
Is it worth purchasing a bread maker?  I frequently make bread in the Thermomix, however a bread maker would eliminate the time needed to hang around for the dough to rise & then cook.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Breadmakers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 03:30:55 am »
Aimee I guess that is something that only you can answer. I make all our bread. I choose a day that I will be in and do it then. I often do SD and give it an overnight rise in the cold weather.
If you are out a lot then a bread maker may be good for you, especially as you could do it overnight. We have a bread maker, but only use it when we are away in the caravan.
If you can organise your bread to fit your life style you may be able to save the money.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 07:17:45 am »
I tried a breadmaker but wasn't happy with the loaves.  I did have a friend who made breadmaker loaves for many years, I think he's went through 3 breadmakers (I ended up giving him mine).  If your loaves are good, try a TMX one and compare the 2.  Breadmakers might be better in summer but some of us use our slow cooker so as not to heat up the kitchen.  It's all a matter of choice and preference. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aimee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 10:05:00 am »
Thanks for your advice, Cookie 1 & Judy dawn, it is much appreciated.