Author Topic: Soap box  (Read 2676 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Soap box
« on: May 17, 2016, 01:45:24 pm »
Arghhh...yet another thermomix "recipe developer" Cook book for sale online.
Honestly, it seems the days of sharing our recipes on a free forum are done...this saddens me.
It's all about the $$ and cashing in  so it seems  >:(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:55:21 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: Soap box
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »
Arghhh...another thermomix "recipe developer" Cook book for sale online.
Honestly, it seems the days of sharing our recipes on a free forum are done...this saddens me.
It's all about the $$ so it seems  >:(

P.S...not a shot at Tenina...she is the pioneer
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:29:28 pm »
Arghhh...yet another thermomix "recipe developer" Cook book for sale online.
It's all about the $$ and cashing in  so it seems  >:(

I don't know the book / "author" you are referring to, Maddy, but if she / he is simply pirating other's hard work and claiming it for themselves that is very disappointing.  Everyone on here has always freely given of their thoughts, ideas, recipes and help and to have someone plagiarising their work and goodwill is really unacceptable.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:32:12 pm »
To clarify, I mean Thermomix FB pages/groups all now ultimately seem to want sell you a cook book/booklet.
I have just seen a newish one pop up.

I think there's many Ladies here that could put their own book out...eg. Chookie's bread book.

My thoughts are, what a great group this one is...freely giving all theirs for free  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 10:49:49 pm »
I agree with you maddy and I stopped buying recipe books some time ago.  There was very little out there when I bought my machine 8 years ago but now the market is flooded. There are some amazing blogs out there so we are never short of recipes. I do love hard copy books but sometimes it's easier to just google the type of recipe you want rather than wade through one of the many books on your shelf looking for a particular type of recipe.  I do understand the addiction we all have though LOL.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:19:53 am »
I see what you are getting at now, Maddy.  And you are right - everyone is compiling and selling ebooks these days.  I am with Judy in her comments, when I first got my TMX this was really the only (and the BEST) forum around and it has been fabulous to get to know and meet some of the people on here.  These days there are so many TMX forums / blogs, etc. around that you don't need any more cook books (although they are a bit of an addiction!)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.