Author Topic: Very excited !  (Read 2160 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Very excited !
« on: January 31, 2016, 04:51:07 pm »
My brand new TM5 is being delivered tomorrow. I am so looking forward to having a play with it, but
I feel that i am being very unkind to my lovely TM31, because it has looked after me so well these last few years.
I would love to be able to explain to it that I still love it. How stupid is that?
It has just made me some beautiful Mulligatawny Soup for our lunch and I have cleaned it for the last time.
Can't believe I feel so emotional. How weird is that?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Very excited !
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:01:35 pm »
Good luck with your new TM5 tomorrow.I did have to send my TM5 back for repair after the c160 code appeared one day when cooking a Goulash.So keep the box LOL
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 12:54:20 am »
How exciting for you. I'm equally weird. I try to share my use between my 2 machines so that neither feels left out. I cook anything involving heat in the 31 as it doesn't have cupboards above it and the 5 is used for all yeast things so that I can use the 31 for yoghurt. I would hate for the 31 to feel left out.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 01:18:49 am »
I know how you feel past94x, if I ever bought the new model I couldn't get rid of my TM31 unless it stayed in the family.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 03:59:37 pm »
So glad I'm not alone there. My TM31 is now back in it's box, all pristine and ready for it's new owner.
I am giving my beloved TM31 to my brother, who is a very keen cook, with the proviso that if he doesn't like it, I get it back!
I can't believe he won't, but you never know.
I will definitely keep the box for the new one, too.
Our loft seems to be full of empty boxes.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 05:26:46 am »
I must say I'm glad I held out until the TM5 came out, I would have lusted after it if I'd gotten the TM31 and then found out about it. My husband would have been furious with me. However, I'm very happy with it, and hopefully when the next version comes out in the distant future, I'll be perfectly content to stay with it. I have a Vitamix that has been superceded and I don't feel the need to upgrade it. I'm using an iPhone 4S and I would like to upgrade it because it's playing up a bit, but I've been very happy with it.