Author Topic: Lemon or Orange Sorbet?  (Read 2275 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Lemon or Orange Sorbet?
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:35:55 pm »
I've just made some lovely sorbet from a bag of last years strawberries I had kicking around in the freezer. It's delicious.

However, I'd love to make orange or lemon sorbet, to serve between courses at my posher dinner parties (which I very rarely have) but was wondering if this is possible. I always think this is a nice touch after a fishy starter or the like and before the main course. It might earn me brownie points, too, if I'm lucky and because I just love sorbet.
Can anyone offer any advice? Presume you freeze the fruit as normal, but what then???? What about the pips??

Got a demo organised for next week of the TM5, with four close friends who all love cooking. So looking forward to it.
I feel a bit of a traitor even talking about it, because my beloved TM31 has been so wonderful over the past three years. I wish I could tell it how much I loved it!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon or Orange Sorbet?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »
Here's a lemon one for you to have a look at past94x http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=13755.0
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:46:06 pm »
I would carry on using with the sorbet recipe that you used for the strawberry sorbet seeing it worked well.I would just use the flesh of either the lemons or oranges.
Fast and Easy Cooking page 198 has a Fresh Friut Sorbet recipe.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:59:16 pm »
Thanks so much, but sadly I don't have an ice cream maker.
Has anyone made orange or lemon sorbet using the frozen fruit/ice cube method in the Fast and Easy Cookbook? This was the recipe I used to make my strawberry dish, Maybe I should just freeze the lemon or orange flesh and then use it with the zested peel and sugar mix.
I'll give it a go sometime. Thanks for trying to help.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 04:58:35 am »
Are you going to keep your TM 31 past94x? I have both and love it. I use them both regularly, sometimes several times a day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 04:20:20 pm »
Not sure yet. I've been thinking about that.
I have a wonderful brother who loves cooking and is going through a bit of a tough time at the moment, so maybe I'll give the TM31 to him.
Not sure yet.
Ideally, I'd like a huge kitchen and several Tms, I love them so much.