Author Topic: Assistance with translating a recipe  (Read 2443 times)

Offline FlissPrideaux

• View Profile
    • Hugapug Kennls
Assistance with translating a recipe
« on: August 17, 2013, 01:57:23 am »
Hi everyone!

Im not sure if this is an appropriate post, so mods please just remove if not - and I apologise... 
I found this recipe but am not confident in my ability to translate the method.  Could anyone help me please!

Thanks!

CINNAMON ROLL CAKE

Cake:
 3 c. flour
 1/4 tsp.salt
 1 c. sugar
 4 tsp. baking powder
 1 1/2 c. milk
 2 eggs
 2 tsp. vanilla
 1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
 1 c. butter, softened
 1 c. brown sugar
 2 Tbsp. flour
 1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Directions:
 Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
 2 c. powdered sugar
 5 Tbsp. milk
 1 tsp. vanilla

While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

Fliss

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: Assistance with translating a recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »
Hi Fliss,
I'll give it a go...but you may need to play with times and speeds. Like any cake - don't over beat it.

I'd put the butter in the TM bowl and melt it for 1 min 100 sp 2 (or until melted)
Add the rest of the cake ingred and mix on speed 3 with the help of the spatula through the lid for about 5 sec, scrape down the sides and repeat. You want the cake batter mixed, but don't beat the living daylights out of it or it will be a flat cake not a light fluffy cake!
Pour into cake tin and bake.
Clean and dry TM bowl and add topping ingred and beat for 10 secs sp 4. May need to scrape down the sides and repeat - until it looks well mixed. Do what the recipe says.
Glaze - add all ingred to clean TM bowl, cook for 3 min 100 deg sp 2 - or til sugar has dissolved. Pour over cake.

Hope that gives you an idea.
Hope it works!  ;D