Author Topic: First supper party ?  (Read 8196 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Re: First supper party ?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »
Yes, thankyou for asking, it was.
I made Parsnip and Apple soup, bread rolls, lovely quiche lorraine (the Tm is a true star here) with Jacket potatoes and salad, banoffie pie (lovely) and a sherry trifle (using the TM to make a lovely real custard), cheese & biscuits, coffee and lots of chocolates brought as a gift by one of my guests. Needless to say, I went to bed a size larger.
I had to stop half way through getting supper, to show the guests the TM in action. They were gathered around it and wouldn't take no for an answer. I just chopped and cooked an onion. They were amazed at the power it has and also, how small the TM is for what it actually does. My husband wanted me to show them how it makes a brilliant sorbet, but I had enough to do with getting the supper on the table, so said I would demo it another time.
Thank you again, for all your suggestions for a dessert. I have filed them away somewhere safe, for use on another evening.
I'd love to get peoples views on a reliable starter and main course too. So, if anyone has a few minutes to spare and can suggest something for either category that can be relied on for entertaining, I'd be most grateful. I'm sure lots of other owners would be interested too.
By the way, I have just made the "30 second,whole orange cake"again and it is a truly scrumptious cake and, as the name suggests, is in the oven in a jiffy. I just cannot believe you use the skin etc, but the result is lovey. I am going to make the sausage and apple risotto for dinner tonight. My first time with a risotto.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 05:41:55 pm »
It sounds as though you had a very successful evening.Do you think any of your friends will buy a TM?
Off the top of my head look at these recipes
Chicken Liver and Pistachio pate
Thai Fish Cakes.
Butter Chicken
Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
Beef Storganoff
I'm sure other members will add other ideas as well ;D

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:56:01 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:25 pm »
Glad you had a successful evening.
Quirky jos chicken with cashews and coconut rice is delicious and a real way to show off your tmx. We love it. :)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 06:20:17 pm »
Where would I find Quirky Jos Chicken please? It's not coming up with the search engine.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »
Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice is here ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
First supper party ?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 03:49:22 am »
Thanks CC. I really should learn how to do links :)