Author Topic: Convince me I should buy this  (Read 12800 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Re: Convince me I should buy this
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 04:52:36 pm »
Wow, that's quite a list. Where do I buy these books? I am in the UK (Bedfordshire)
I really appreciate all your help.... and that's even before I've decided to buy the TM. Goodness knows what I'll be like if I get one!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »
You can buy Tenina and Alyce's books from Hub and Spoke Publishing
Tenina's ebooks from her store
The Fast and Easy Indian Cookery book from UK Thermomix
I forgot Tenina has her Dinner Spinner as an app now.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:23:56 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
Very many thanks. I shall have a decko!!

Offline Odettelovestobake

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 11:29:11 am »
I'm a gadget fanatic myself, so it was a bit like that for me too...yes, it can do bread and pasta dough, but so could the breadmaker and the stand mixer.  It can make juice/smoothies - yep, got that covered too.

Really, it does not perform complete miracles - the things you can make, you *could* make another way...but it is just so versatile!  It does it ALL.  And often a lot better than what I used to have (eg slushy ice drinks). 
And the speed you can prepare things is amazing.  I cannot believe how quickly some crumbly cookie mixtures come together!
And not having to stand over things like hollandaise, lemon curd & custard (things I LOOOOOVE, but hardly ever made as they were too much hassle) while they cook is fantastic. 

I find I am cooking things I would never have dreamed of attempting before.  My husband likes everything about it now - except for the noise as we have an open plan kitchen/dining/living area!  (and that's because I was making fudge for xmas presents and it was cooking for 20mins while he was watching TV - usually not a big issue)

I have sold some of my old appliances, and giving the mixer to mum for Xmas, so that's also cleared up some cupboard space.  And I seriously use it multiple times every day.  It's been getting extra use with Xmas presents (Jam, fudge, relish...), but even without that I am cooking breakfast and dinner in it everyday.  Plus baking for the kids lunchboxes and afternoon tea, and often a smoothie or fruit/vege juice too. 

It is a big purchase, so definitely a good time to be asking if it's worth it!  For me the answer is definitely YES!  ;D
(says me who has had it for just a few weeks - but I can't see my enthusiasm dwindling away any time soon!)

Ditto!!!