Author Topic: What was your most embarrassing moment  (Read 29829 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What was your most embarrassing moment
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:25:41 am »
I was typing an answer to one of MF's postings when the idea for this thread came to me so I will start off with one  of mine with more to come as I think of them.  The second one is ready to pop out too but I don't know if you are quite ready for that one just yet.

I had made the comment today that the waiter was generous in filling my wine glass above the line.

Mama Fergie commented - 'That's always a bonus JD 
I hate those tiny wine measures especially when the actual glass is big 
Me greedy '

I remember years ago MF when these lines first appeared on wine glasses.  No-one had told me about it and when the barman only put so much into a big glass I innocently asked him to fill it up please    Felt a right idiot when he pointed out the line and told me of the new regulations.  I do prefer a smaller glass filled to the top rather than a large glass which is only 1/4 full.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What was your most embarrassing moment
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:57:56 am »
Many years ago I was in Mexico with DW, and 2 workmates and their partners.  We were at La Bufadora (The blow hole) in Ensenada and there was a huge sign with a warning message in Spanish. I asked my mates girlfriend to translate because she knew some Spanish.

As she was struggling through translating my other mate rattles of the warning quick as anything. I turned to him and said something along the line of wow I didn't know you spoke Spanish. To which he replied I don't the bottom half of the sign in in English.

I felt pretty stupid and more than suitably embarrassed.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:01:02 pm »
Good one Den  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:10:40 am »
LOL Den....that is Soooooooooooo funny!  :D

For me it would have to be when my DD told a visitor to "pith off" - she had never said it before and has never said it since... :-\

ETA: We don't use that sort of talk around here....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:23:44 am by astarra »
:D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:21:56 am »
Mine was definately when I met a young woman that I hadn't seen for months and I said "congratulations when's the new bub due" only for her to say she wasn't pregnant but had just gained weight.  :o

I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me and will never ever make that mistake again 

Fortunately next time I met her she laughed about it and had been exercising and was very trim around the middle  :)

*suzanne*

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 03:32:48 am »
Ha Ha MF,that's my DH's thing and it doesn't matter how many times I say to him "if you don't know for sure please don't say anything" he still does it  :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 03:38:15 am »
That happens alot  MF
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:56 am »
I still cringe every time I think about it 😳

But lesson learned.

My DH never remembers things that I tell him either Suzanne😉

*suzanne*

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 03:44:37 am »
That would be because their ears are painted on  ;D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 04:18:37 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:50 am »

mcmich

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 06:33:47 am »
For me it was at Christmas time when DS was about 6yrs old. We went into Sydney to see Disney on Ice and look at the windows at D.J's. All the taxi's were lined up at the rank and there was a driver wearing a turban sitting in one of the taxis and DS in his biggest voice yells "MUM, there's a Gene driving that taxi."
Everyone stopped and looked, luckily most laughed - I just wanted to get out of there fast.  :-[

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:48 am »
lol Mich, mine DS would say the F word instead of truck, mummy mummy look at that big ...................... :-[

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 06:47:47 am »
lol Mich, mine DS would say the F word instead of truck, mummy mummy look at that big ...................... :-[

Had the same problem Uni. Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas, when he told him "a big  ......... "  I nearly died and wished  the floor would open up and I could disappear. The other mums were not impressed.
Marie

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 06:57:15 am »
Miss 20mths gets threatened with a flick if she is naughty, but she can't say flick, she says f----.  :-[
The other day we were out with some friends...about 120 people of varying ages, another kid cried, miss 20mths says (in the loudest voice imaginable)  "oh, Lana needs a f---. "   :-[ :-[ :-[  Most laughed (especially the teenage and early 20s year old boys  :-)) ) but was still embarrasing... haven't lived it down yet....