Author Topic: Booked a demonstration!  (Read 42193 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Booked a demonstration!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »
Oh no!  Is this another 'must have' kitchen gadget?

I must confess that I have never heard of a pie-maker.  Mind you, a month ago I had never heard of a Themomix!  What an education this forum is! 

Lynn wafts off to Google pie makers . . . I may be some time!
Lakeland are now selling one.I'm very tempted ;D I think it's the free delivery ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 07:17:11 pm »
Just amazing!

I feel like Rita (Educating Rita) with all this knowledge I am accumulating!

Interestingly, the accompanying pictureon the link  looks as though some of the pies have been made with filo pasty which would make the pies much lighter.

Go for it - you know you want to.  Think of all tht glorious Cornish Cream with which you could top the sweet pies.   ;)  Yum.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »
Just amazing!

I feel like Rita (Educating Rita) with all this knowledge I am accumulating!

Interestingly, the accompanying pictureon the link  looks as though some of the pies have been made with filo pasty which would make the pies much lighter.

Go for it - you know you want to.  Think of all tht glorious Cornish Cream with which you could top the sweet pies.   ;)  Yum.
I caved in and bought it :D :D :D you are very naughty encouraging me to buy it :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012, 08:29:40 pm »
OMG CC and Lynn, I wouldn't have room for a pie maker, lovely though they look and DH forbids me to go into Lakeland (Cheltenham) as he knows I spend too much.  When my DD was at school and I wanted something from there, I used to transfer the money for anything I wanted to her bank and she would pick it up after school, then sneak it into the house for me.   ;D ;D  Cannot get away with it now as DD has been studying in Bournemouth since September ...

@ Lynn, I will order some of those bowls asap, but am trying to convince DH that I really need a food dehydrator first.  If he won't pay for it, then I am going to have to, but I think I have convinced him that the bowls would be a good investment due to money we can save by not using the Hostess, which has to be heated for 25-30 mins before it is hot enough. 

@CC I like the look of the Ikea thingy as well.  Decisions, decisions .... ???

JB  ;)
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 08:47:24 pm »
This forum was responsible for the purchase of that exact item and I love the pie maker!!!! - so if any of the UK lovelies need encouragement form this side of the globe at this point in time - go for it!!!!!!  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2012, 09:43:49 pm »
My problem is that there is nobody at home to curb my whims and fancies (with purchases!) and with you lot encouraging me there will be no end to my kitchen gadgets!   ;D

I am still trying to get my hands on a TMX in the interests of healty living but I will do my best to resist a pie-maker - if I make four, pies I will eat four pies!!! 

Go for the bowls JB,  they will save you a fortune in electricity!  Three bowls from Amazon better than one bowl from Ikea - that one has a hole in it!!  How does that work?  Might even buy that one if I see it next time I go to Ikea!!   He, he!!

Now if anyone wants me to get the bowls and ship to OZ . . .  Johnro?

Perhaps Amazon will?

What a whole new world I have stumbled into!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »
lyn i really think you need the pie maker  :-))  ;)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Shirlmac

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2012, 10:28:53 pm »
Hi Lyn, welcome to the forum. I am new here myself and can guarantee you won't regret your Thermomix purchase as it opens up a whole new world of interests. This forum has been such a pleasure providing endless enjoyment and inspiration. I am originally from UK but have lived most of my life in Australia. We lovingly use the term dag when friends and family do or say something off centre or a bit silly. (like the time I wore my training pants inside out to training last week as I got dressed in the dark, all the writing was on the outside- my training buddies said I was such a dag).
Eat well, train hard and enjoy life! :)

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2012, 10:38:18 pm »
Hi Shirlmac,

Thank you for the welcome. 

I am really looking forward to seeing a Thermomix in the 'flesh' never mind getting my hands on one!  There seem to be so many amazing recipes on here and such a wonderful atmosphere on the forum that I know I will enjoy being a member of the club!

Still trying to resist those pie-makers - with free postage!!!!  LOL.

Lynn

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:47 am »
Great to see another  UK member on here Lynn - you are most welcome and I hope you enjoy the time you spend on here.  It can get really addictive  ;D ;D

mcmich

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:04 am »
Welcome to the forum Lynn. I can see that you have had quite the introduction.
Dag for Kiwis and Aussies is more of a term of endearment.
You do need a pie maker. I have 2 the regular 4 hole one and the mini 8 hole version.
Just stay away from the shopping thread or you will find yourself needing a 5 in 1 multi cooker and many other things you never thought you would purchase.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 10:43:41 am »
Lol mcmich  ;D  I know what you mean by getting caught up in threads which make you want to buy things.  Working on DH atm to get me a food dehydrator for birthday (something I had never even heard of until I came on the forum).  That will have to be it for the moment as have no more room ...

JB

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 12:25:36 pm »
Just stay away from the shopping thread or you will find yourself needing a 5 in 1 multi cooker and many other things you never thought you would purchase.

I have managed to steer clear of the shopping thread since I became a member in February... I'm just hoping my willpower will hold out :-))

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 03:17:17 pm »
Oh heavens!  I hadn't found the shopping thread - just the Pie-Maker thread.  Thanks Mcmich and Amy - I will explore later!  An eight hole pie maker Mcmich?  Sounds perfect for mince pies at Christmas . . .

I have just been to the supermarket and found myself in the electrical department - looking for pie-makers and, in particular the eight hole one!  Fortunately, all they had were toastie-makers!!!!

JB, I have been trying not to ask but - why do you want a food dehydrator?

Lynn

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 04:43:35 pm »
Hi Lynn

Well firstly I am a bit of a gadget freak, but do only buy things that I know I am going to use.  I think they will earn their keep because you can buy, for example, fresh fruit and veg in bulk when it is in season and then dry it, and when it is out of season and expensive you will have your own personal stock.  Yes, some fruit and veg can be frozen, but dried food takes up far less space.  You can also dry cooked meat, which would be a great help to us, as I am a vegetarian, DD is away studying during term time so if we have a chicken, for example, DH has to eat it all himself and doesn't like having the same things every day.  So the remaining meat could then be dried and then rehydrated as and when.

There are lots of things you can do with it and you may be interested to this series of videos on YouTube.  The first one is here and there are 8 in total.  Not that I am trying to encourage you to buy more equipment of course ... ;D

JB