Author Topic: Booked a demonstration!  (Read 42195 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Booked a demonstration!
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2012, 01:14:53 pm »
JB, I like the look of the dough cloth and will think of getting that too.  I wasn't advocating the Sonic Scrubber for the TMX - just the bathroom taps.  I have another in the kitchen for the knobs on the hob.

Oh, I see re Sonic Scrubber.  I will try Gert's idea and hunt for a gun shop  ;D The couche cloths are very good and stiff enough to stay ruched by themselves and not flop over the bread.  In spite of what they say on the website, I do wash mine, rather than just shake off the flour as have a phobia about it attracting weevils, but I put it through a cold wash, on its own, with no detergent  as I don't want my dough to smell scented.

JB

Julia just take a screen shot of the brush  when you go to a fun shop. They  should know about the brush anyway.

Helene's brushes are very light so she could possibly just put a couple in an envelope for you. They are very good. If I had an extra I would send it to you.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2012, 10:25:47 pm »
Just back from a conference and at long last, my TMX demonstration is TOMORROW!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to it.

Will I buy one?  Very likely!

Lynn

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2012, 10:30:46 pm »
Hope it goes well.
We await the news!

Offline Winn

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2012, 12:48:44 am »
Hello Lynn, hope you enjoy watching (and sampling) at your demonstration.  I too live by myself (now retired) but would not, could not be wihout my thx now.  The recipes/comments on this forum  greatly influenced me to get the thx a year ago.  Went into a lakeland shop (UK) a couple of weeks back and picked up some tiny brushes.   Called, "Home Spout Brushes" set of 4 for £2.99, catalogue ref 21626, sizes vary up to 1 inch in diameter. Excellent for cleaning between the blades.  You can see them on the Lakeland site.

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2012, 08:43:44 am »
It seems to have taken ages to happen but yesterday, I had my demonstration!

My sceptical daughter came with me and it was fascinating to see her scepticism wilting away and replaced by enthusiasm.

So the big question . . . did I buy one?  Well the honest answer is NO.

I ended up buying TWO!  One for me and one for my daughter.  I said that it was her birthday and Christmas present for the next twenty-five years and she said that was fine.   ;D

Delivery will be Tuesday so I must get my act together and decide what I will be cooking first.

Thank you Winn for the suggestion of brushes from Lakeland and thanks to you all for your wonderful welcome and advice.  On Tuesday, I shall really be a TMX owner and a proper member of the 'TMX Club'.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2012, 08:47:46 am »
Well done Lynn and lucky daughter.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2012, 08:48:47 am »
Congratulations Lynne and daughter!!  :)
:D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2012, 10:38:44 am »
Yay!! Congratulations on the twins Lynn :D :D :D :D :D What a great Mum you are buying one for your DD. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2012, 08:43:41 pm »
Well done to both of you.

My DD is not own over yet, but is hardly here.

Says she is not licensed to drive it unaccompanied !