Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9036259 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #19635 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:02 am »
Thanks Wonder. Spinach & ricotta. Happy now I have these to go & arancini balls :)

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: November 11, 2013, 07:44:12 am »
I took some garlic paste to Birdsville with me. It lasted well. I just put a teaspoon of it in almost everything. One of our group doesn't like garlic but didnt realise we were feeding it to him. His wife now makes it and uses it at home.  ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: November 11, 2013, 07:49:28 am »
Great cooking everyone, made some bread, and prepared some ice cream for churning tomorrow.   ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: November 11, 2013, 09:05:46 am »
Don't you love it when we can fool our men into eating something they dislike.  I hope no-one ever tells him his breath smells like garlic  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: November 11, 2013, 10:06:31 am »
Its the time of year... Everyone wants a swim. Sms from a friend popping over tomorrow, just as well I have spinach & ricotta triangles. We can snack on them at lunch time :) then cp has a friend over for a swim after school they will like some mini quiches, my stocks wont last long.

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: November 11, 2013, 11:03:20 am »
Today I made crunchy grain free granola from What's for breakfast and granuesli from FFS. Think I've got breakfast covered 😉

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #19641 on: November 11, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
I tried making a quoina loaf late last night. I found a cafe very close which is fully gluten free and both DD and I have taken a fancy to their quoina bread but it's $9.50 a loaf. The recipe I used is from recipe community and isn't gluten free but I did sub spelt flour. Will cut it a little later and if it tastes ok will post.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: November 11, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »
$9.50 a loaf   :o :o....we go through a loaf a day, thankfully doesn't cost that!  Sounds interesting though, look forward to your verdict.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: November 11, 2013, 10:11:21 pm »
$9.50 a loaf   :o :o....we go through a loaf a day, thankfully doesn't cost that!  Sounds interesting though, look forward to your verdict.

I look forward to it also, and would never pay that, we go through 2 loaves a day.

I have a loaf of multigrain soy and linseed rising at the moment.  Have rather got into this bread making.  DH asked the other day if we where out of bread and replied no, just so easy in the TM.  I have to have a stash frozen as we are no where near town.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: November 12, 2013, 11:47:43 pm »
Making a cottage pie with lots of vegetable bits and pieces from the fridge.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #19645 on: November 13, 2013, 12:42:56 am »
Wonder,  the cost of Quinoa is high,  but they are also tapping into a special market.  I also will be interested to see if you like it.
Visitors tonight so,  smokey egg plant dip,  roast chicken with root veggie mash,  monkeyboysmum awesome cheese sauce for cauliflower, capsicums stuffed with leftover pilaf, steamed carrot , corn and peas.  Then Belgium lemon tea cake. I have tweeted this recipe as several members have had trouble with the topping.  Also no fuss bread sticks with olives and rosemary.  All prepared in 2 hours,  couldn't do it without this machine.  ( didn't was the bowl out after cheese sauce). Just added water for bread and swished it around.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19646 on: November 13, 2013, 01:07:09 am »
It sounds as if you are back to your old self Chookie, superwoman in the kitchen - enjoy your visitors.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: November 13, 2013, 01:57:11 am »
Well the bread experiment wasn't all bad but wasn't as good as the bought loaf. If I get a chance on the weekend I'll do a review of the recipes and my tweaks.

While the purchased loaf is $9.50 I think I will just continue to purchase it, DD and I will only go through not even a loaf a week (we just have it for toast and DD knows not to waste it). I'm also happy to support the local cafe which has great food and bakes all the bread on the premises and is totally gluten free. If I had more time I would probably play around with the recipe a little more but would probably waste more in ingredients than the cost of a couple of loaves.

http://www.caffestrada.com.au/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: November 13, 2013, 02:36:30 am »
Have you tried this one wonder? My DD uses it and I did once but put it into a too small pan.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: November 13, 2013, 02:49:26 am »
looks good bread Gert
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url