Author Topic: Coronel  (Read 3580 times)

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Coronel
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Coronel – not tested
[The sugar quantity is to suit Spanish tastes and may well be too sweet for people in the English speaking world]

Serves:  6

Ingredients:
6 peeled lemons, pith and pips removed
200g sugar
2-3 trays of ice cubes
A dash of vodka, to taste
A dash of Cava, to taste

Preparation:
Put the first three ingredients in the  *:.
Program progressively Speed 5-10 [no time given].
Remove the MC, put the spatula through the lid and move it towards the right and the left, so that the ice falls down into the blades and crush.
Pour in the vodka and Cava, mix with the spatula and serve it in Champagne glasses. 

Tips/Hints:  [The ‘Champagne glasses’ in the photo look more like prawn cocktails glasses rather than Champagne flutes!  Also I am not sure that I understand why we are told to push the ice cubes down with the spatula.  Would it not be quicker to continue processing at Speed 10 until they are crushed?]. 

Origin:  This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 – Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Yogamum

• View Profile
Re: Coronel
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:29:25 am »
It probably gets too thick on 10, when I've tried to make cocktails like that before they've ended up more like alcoholic desserts!  The instructions in this ok certainly seem open to interpretation   ;). Can't wait to give this one a go though with way less sugar I reckon.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Re: Coronel
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:02 am »
Will be interested to hear how it turns out.  In the picture, it does look rather like a dessert though!  I do find some of the recipes in that book to be a liitle odd in their explanations and one of the other Spanish books keeps referring to a temp of 85 degrees, rather than 80 or 90.  Yes, I would certainly cut down on the sugar.  The Spanish lemonade recipe uses 100g sugar whereas the UK equivalent uses 70g (which is still too sweet for me).

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire