Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8975470 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1410 on: August 30, 2009, 04:32:48 am »
Kathryn, you poor thing. I had a friend rushing her pregnant daughter to King Edward (baby hospital) the other day and just as she got there her car engine literally blew up!  I hope you got a sleep in.

I stewed some apple yesteday for tonights sweets and made ezekial bread. this morning I've done juice and 5 seed bread. Plus the usual weekend milk shakes and coffee etc.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 30, 2009, 08:05:57 am »
Made pancakes from spelt grain and macadamias milled in tmx. They were yummy and filling but 40g of sugar was very sweet I'd reduce it next time.
Strawberry sorbet for friends.

Just made bolognaise sauce as per the edc. Hopefully the kids I am looking after like it.
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #1412 on: August 30, 2009, 08:11:41 am »
WELL DONE BRON!!!!  :-* :-* :-* ;)   

Well, no cooking today at home - BUT..... had the Raw, Dairy Free Chocolate Class in Melbourne today - and I'm in heaven!!! And it's good for you!!!!        ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

When I get a chance I'll post what I have on the forum. I'm exhausted so off to bed....

I can't wait to see what you learnt - I'm so jealous!!!  Yum yum, please post it all soon!  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:10 am »
Not much from me today cause we've just got back from a 6.5 hr drive up to the central highlands to play in the snow!  Was fun.

Banana pikelets for breaky and soup about to go on for tea is the extent of TMX cooking today.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 30, 2009, 01:54:50 pm »
Had a productive day today.  Firstly made some butter, then converted a beef enchiladas recipe and made it in the TM as well as the dough for the tortillas, and finally jaffa chocolate custard as a dessert.  :)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #1415 on: August 30, 2009, 01:59:26 pm »
Nothing.

Oh no actually, I tell a lie. Did the torte caprise with the ganache topping to take as an extra something special for a double delivery demo today - then all the fabulous dishes at the demo.  ;D

However, my dinner is still sitting there waiting to be defosted  :'( . Too late now. Off to bed on an empty tummy instead (where's the yawning and falling off the seat emoticon). Was awake at 5 thinking about all the wonderful chocolate adventures waiting ahead.... it's been a long day. Though not as long as faffa's   :o :o

Hoping to share the start of those with you tomorrow some time....  ???
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:12:08 pm by I Love Bimby! »
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1416 on: August 31, 2009, 01:05:06 am »
Made another lot of paella last night - got some mussels cheap !!

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 31, 2009, 01:19:14 am »
Did you do that in the TMX Thermomixer? Looks good.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1418 on: August 31, 2009, 01:59:53 am »
Yes - not fried though.  basically the onions and garlic got chopped and sauteed in the base then mixed in with the rice in the basket. Then stock in the bowl, rice into TM and seafood and veg in Varoma.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:46 am »
Nico has one in his Cooking Passions, food for friends book which my DD has done several times. It's a chicken and choriza but he also gives instructions for a seafood one as well. Possibly could try that one in the TMX one of these days.  I made a paella when I was about 23 which was the fanciest thing I had ever done to that stage and it was delicious - unfortunately I have lost the recipe. 40 years later, I can still remember it ;D ;D ;D That's a long time between paellas :P :P :P

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 01, 2009, 04:15:25 am »
Made strawberry jam, bread, butter... oh and avocado Milkshake. It's SPRING TIME.... bring it on! :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 01, 2009, 12:19:56 pm »
We had the most wonderful dinner from the Full Steam Ahead cookbook tonight.  It was the "Salmon with salmon mousse stuffing and mango sauce".  We absolutely loved it, the mango sauce especially was to die for.  I was lucky enough to have some frozen mango cheeks in my freezer from when they were on special in the warmer months. I will make this to serve with other fish too, was so nice.

I also made the "Apples with cider zabaglione", only I used sparkling apple juice instead of the cider.  Again was really really nice and finished our dinner off nicely.

First time I've used the Varoma, so was very impressed.  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 01, 2009, 12:34:11 pm »
You are doing really well JulieO - not frightened to try anything ;) ;) Love your feedback too, thanks for that.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1423 on: September 01, 2009, 12:53:48 pm »
We had the most wonderful dinner from the Full Steam Ahead cookbook tonight.  It was the "Salmon with salmon mousse stuffing and mango sauce".  We absolutely loved it, the mango sauce especially was to die for. 

Thanks for sharing Julie.  I've borrowed this book from a friend so I will have to bookmark this recipe to try.  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 01, 2009, 01:15:28 pm »
No worries JudyD and Chelsea.  ;D  It's only been 4 or 5 weeks since I got my machine, but I'm really enjoying it and am using it far more than I expected to as well.  It's such great fun. 

Chelsea, I bought salmon fillets instead of a whole fish and I halved the recipe as there was only 3 of us eating, so I reduced the cooking time when the Varoma was fitted by about 10mins as there was less liquid in the bowl and I didn't want it to dry out.  The fish and the veg was cooked just right, didn't need any extra time, also (for the mango sauce), only cooked for 3 mins when the cream was added at the end.  :)