Author Topic: I'm a fraud - AND I LOVE IT  (Read 4669 times)

Offline Jenny H

• View Profile
I'm a fraud - AND I LOVE IT
« on: August 18, 2009, 01:32:39 pm »
Hi all

I have a dilemna (not - hahahaheheheheee)!  I (that is ME who is by no means a chef) have just served the most beautiful evening meal.

Fillet of perch with lemon & fetta sauce -  the recipe for which i found amongst these beautiful recipe topics.  It even sounds grandiose!

It was absolutely gorgeous and now I have dillusions of grandeur!!!!!!!!  Hubby reckons you would pay a fortune for this meal in a restaraunt and I just prepared it and had it on the table in 25 mins.  I have astounded even myself!!!!! 

Thanks everyone who takes the time to supply such beautiful recipes and share them with us all.  I have had my TMX for about two months now and am producing the MOST AMAZING stuff - please just called me Masterchef!!!!!

Happy creating everyone

Regards
Jenny H

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: I'm a fraud - AND I LOVE IT
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:35:06 pm »
You might have to go on Masterchef  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:06 pm »
ha ha good one - its good to be able to pull off good stunts like that. Makes the TMX a worthwhile investment (and fun even) when you can make scrumptious food in minutes without any effort at all.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 01:41:21 pm »
Well done Jenny H - I know how you feel.  I was pretty damn pleased with myself too when I started to produce lovely meals after a few disasters from THAT BOOK which shall remain nameless. This forum has been the greatest help in that regard and the recipes just keep on a coming.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:46:20 pm »
Well done!!! Isn't it funny how you feel like you don't even deserve the praise  ;) ;D ;D

It was absolutely gorgeous and now I have dillusions of grandeur!!!!!!!!  Hubby reckons you would pay a fortune for this meal in a restaraunt and I just prepared it and had it on the table in 25 mins.  I have astounded even myself!!!!! 
I have visions of "The Castle" at dinner time..."You should open a restaurant."...  :D :D :D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 02:56:13 pm »
I know exactly how you feel Jenny H.

I caught up with a girlfriend yesterday who I hadn't seen for over 3 years & at the end of our meeting I invited her to dinner.  She said "but you don't cook!!" & I had to say "Now I do" & go on to explain why & book a demo!!!!

I constantly amaze myself & delight my DH by turning out yummy food almost effortlessly & always feel like a fraud. ;D ;D

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 02:48:32 am »

[/quote]
I have visions of "The Castle" at dinner time..."You should open a restaurant."...  :D :D :D
[/quote]

LOL ILB - My TM would be "going straight to the poolroom" if I didn't use it so much!
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:43:13 am »
That is fantastic Jenny H.  I've always loved cooking but now find on those days when you're out late you can have an acceptable meal on the table in no time, plus all the added benefits of being able to make things from the very basics.
Of course there is the added negative of the weight, perhaps I could do lift ups of my TMX to lose weight.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/