Author Topic: Now ive gone and "done it"!!!  (Read 19058 times)

Offline spanner

• View Profile
    • Aussies living simply
Re: Now ive gone and "done it"!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 09:06:28 am »
Do you find your occupation interesting Spanner? You would never be short of customers, that's for sure.

=========================

Sure do but I am keen to get out of it in the not too distant future. I do love wortking with pweople and helping people but I think I wanna be a fireman. .......  no really ... a real life fireman with a hose and axe ....  and get to ride around in a big red truck ( beats the wiggles car) and then get to sleep at work!

What could be better??????
==============================

a miniskip past is a treasure lost

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:07:40 am »
no red trucks here, just fluoro yellow ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline spanner

• View Profile
    • Aussies living simply
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 10:43:34 am »

:-))

:D :D

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 01:38:26 pm »
When the real estate agent updates the photos I'll send you the link to our 40 acre farm that's for sale Spanner in the beautiful King Valley  ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: post hijack
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 06:17:41 pm »

1.   ginger
2.   egg plant
3.   lemon grass
4.   three types of bananas
5.   chillies
6.   2 types of basil
7.   mandarin
8.   2 types of lemon

Thought it was a bit much to quote the whole list - but BOY did it make me jealous  :D  We're suburban farmers too (called Home Farmers here), in our little semi-detached house with small garden (although we do have 2 allotments).  I am growing some ginger too - inside, on a windowsill!  Last year's lemon grass didn't make it through the winter cold snap - despite being inside!  :P

Lemons - mandarins - bananas .... I'm just green with envy.  Going out to look at my apples, pears, blueberries, rhubarb, raspberries and strawberries until I feel a bit better about it all ....

:D :D :D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline spanner

• View Profile
    • Aussies living simply
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 08:05:28 am »

I am growing some ginger too - inside, on a windowsill!  Last year's lemon grass didn't make it through the winter cold snap - despite being inside!  :P

:D :D :D

Lemon grass grows almost like a weed in North Queensland ...all year round.

we are sooooo lucky.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:33 pm »
We're suburban farmers too (called Home Farmers here), in our little semi-detached house with small garden (although we do have 2 allotments). 
I'm envious of you all.  We live on 2.5 acres of beautiful fertile land in a valley renowned for growing vegies but sadly we grow very little.  It's not that we don't want to.  We have a land buffer around our property to protect it somewhat from cropping sprays, but it is just not enough. On spraying days it's not uncommon for me to pack my children up and take them to my parents house for the day (my eldest son has asthma).  I don't want them to breathe it in or eat it!!!  The reality of life in the country I guess.  Enjoy your homegrown produce!!!
Chelsea  :)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:33:25 pm by brazen20au »

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 01:49:59 pm »
Chelsea - can sympathise with you. Until late last year we lived on 40 acres surrounded by farms.  When Grace was just a baby I remember taking her for a walk in the pram. On our way back I noticed one of the neighbours spraying and the drift was going straight across the road where we were walking!! I was horrified and it was a very quick sprint!!  The farmer told me it was just a bit of "something" to stop the weeds....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline spanner

• View Profile
    • Aussies living simply
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 01:08:13 am »
Hi Chelsea,

I am not sure where you come from but I am sure that in Australia it is illeagal for other peoples spray tp drift onto your property.

It is called (ironically) spray drift. Check it out with your local council or the state / fedral statutes and there may be something there that will help you to stop this person from spraying TOXIC substances that are potentially VERY harmful to you and your children.  >:(  :'(
   >:(
If you can try and get some video of the farmer and the spray drift along with some footage of either TV or the days paper to validate the date and time of the spray drift. 

Cheers,

Healthily yours

Spanner

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 05:25:41 am »
Thank you Spanner.  I'm in Tassie so I will look into this.  Last time they sprayed it was really bad and I ran the children out to the car with clothes tied over their little faces.  By the time I had both of them in the car I was coughing like crazy and had a huge headache (didn't think of a cloth for me)!
Chelsea  :)

Offline spanner

• View Profile
    • Aussies living simply
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 07:13:42 am »
if ti is that bad then i am POSITIVE that the spray drift would be illegal.   >:( >:( >:(

Ill see if I can also find out anything for you as well.   ;)