Author Topic: ebay i cant believe it!  (Read 48130 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: ebay i cant believe it!
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2012, 07:36:10 am »
I also went to a neighbors demo for her up here, as she had just bought one, and the consultant took over 3 1/2 hours for a demo, and was so bad..  2 guests said I should have been doing the demo..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2012, 02:40:37 pm »
I can honestly say that everyone enjoyed my demo and nobody felt any pressure to buy.
I was contacted on Friday by my consultant who has been on holiday for 6 weeks  and asked me if I was interested in a Varoma demo and mentioned the second bowl and blade offer. She had asked me about having a varoma demo before she went away as she had just completed the varoma training and I said I would love to learn more about that side of the thermomix. Now the bowl and blade offer is on I am definitely going to have the demo.
 Everyone I have mentioned it too are all keen to come in fact two friends have asked me if I could introduce them to my consultant. I would not contemplate putting pressure on anyone to spend $2000 but feel its a good way of showing people this amazing machine as it sells itself. I would prefer to buy in a store off the shelf but in this case we can't and I feel my consultant is doing a great job and deserves what she earns for the time and effort she puts in.

mcmich

« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2012, 10:20:17 pm »
I didn't go to a demo, my cousin had one and I looked it up on the net, found this forum and read a lot of the comments and recipes and then rang HO. They contacted a consultant in my area and she just delivered it.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2012, 10:32:59 pm »
 :)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2012, 10:37:23 pm »
That is just the kind of positive story we like to hear on the forum Mama Fergie. Also the kind of consultant you would go overboard to support. Wouldn't it be nice if she could come on board here and make herself known . in the early days  of this forum the demonstrators/consultants  used to be quite active heard I am sure it helped them.

Where do you live MF?  If there is anyone in your area interested maybe you could give your gal a referral.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2012, 11:38:53 pm »
I live in Mindarie Keys Gert, NOR Perth and would happily give my consultants name and phone number/email to anyone interested in TMX. In fact it was her who told me about this forum when I first met her at my DD's friends demo. I loved her no pressure approach which is refreshing in the party plan environment.  I also told the people coming to my demo no pressure to buy just come along and see this machine in action.
Everyone loved the demo and of course the TMX.  No sales but my DIL is very interested and will buy one when her house renovations are completed and a few others want to buy when finances allow.  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2012, 12:54:52 am »
MF thats amazing. Sounds like you have a good consultant. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2012, 01:24:29 am »
So far so good. She is a lovely young woman and not pushy at all. Very laid back but very positive about TMX.  :)

I wanted Varoma demo anyway as really want to use it more often and not very confident with it yet. The second bowl and blades offer will be a bonus.  No more demos after this.

Do you think 2 bowls are a waste of money or a good buy? :-\

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2012, 03:37:17 am »
Well your consultant has the right attitude. It is all about the machine and helping customers to become  confident  and competent . Also if the consultant is happy in the job they will  be well perceived. Good for sales. You got really lucky MF and if you can get a second bowl cheaper grab it with both hands and run! I love having two bowls.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2012, 04:03:22 am »
I would not have bought one if I hadn't seen it first.  Lots of people I know who now have one were unconvinced about how good a machine it was before they had seen it.

My Mum is my consulant and I know she doesn't pressure people to buy.  She knows that people aren't likely to spend $2000 there and then and expects that most people will come back to her in 6-12 months to buy it.

Maybe because I've seen how positive the party sales scheme has been that I'm so supportive of it.  Unfortunately it's not a flawless approach as evidenced by some stories here, but if done well I think it has its merits.

My DH actually went into the office in Balcatta and asked if he could just 'buy' one as a surprise for me but they said no and he had to give them my number to organise it all

My Mum has had several sales where a husband has organised one as a surprise birthday or Christmas present for his wife and there's been no problems.  She's just done the delivery demo and the 'party' at a later date.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2012, 04:21:18 am »
That's great AliRo.  Everyones experiences are different but if we have a good consultant it makes a huge difference.
We have both been very lucky ;D

Gert I will grab and run with my second bowl and blades with both hands

*suzanne*

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2012, 05:10:15 am »
My Mum has had several sales where a husband has organised one as a surprise birthday or Christmas present for his wife and there's been no problems.  She's just done the delivery demo and the 'party' at a later date.

I never said it was a problem but not really the surprise he had in mind, my consultant was/is  wonderful very helpful and only a phone call away if I have a question, she wasn't pushy, very friendly and informative and as I said before the 1.5hrs  I  got with her when she delivered my machine was brilliant as was my demo but what I was trying to say was the demo really wasn't  necessary for me

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:17 am »

I have done exactly the same on multiple occasions   ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2012, 05:27:58 am »

I never said it was a problem but not really the surprise he had in mind, my consultant was/is  wonderful very helpful and only a phone call away if I have a question, she wasn't pushy, very friendly and informative and as I said before the 1.5hrs  I  got with her when she delivered my machine was brilliant as was my demo but what I was trying to say was the demo really wasn't  necessary for me

Sorry, I don't think problem was the right word.  What I mean was, she happily ordered the machine and gave it to the husband for them to give as a surprise.  She then did all the demos afterwards when it was convenient. 

As far as the demos go, I don't think you HAVE to have one, except for the delivery demo which is just one on one anyway.  The only reason you have to have a party demo is to get one of the incentives.  Of course the consultants will push you to have one as it means more potential contacts for them.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2012, 05:35:48 am »
I agree and I found the consultant to be really helpful when she delivered my TMX. She went through everything thoroughly and made me do things step by step so I was familiar with how it all worked.
Demo or no demo nobody can really put pressure on anyone to spend 2000K if they really don't want to buy one.
If they want one and can't afford it after they have seen it in action they can save for it and buy at a later date.
Nobody could possibly feel obliged to buy at that price just because they have been to a demo unlike other party plans where we all feel we have to spend something ;)