Author Topic: 5 in 1 multicooker  (Read 91345 times)

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
Re: 5 in 1 multicooker
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 06:03:41 am »
I ordered one of these from flybuys.... Free. Costs 14,300 points or there is a points plus pay! Should be here in about 3 weeks or so. Excited! Nice to get something for free for a change
I checked my Award brochure but no    :'(   I don't have fly buys.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 06:11:31 am »
 :) I gave in and bought one last week from everton online. It took only 3 days to get to me.
I love the pressure cook feature.
Have used it 4 times so far.

With my thermomix and 5 in 1, i'll be cooking alot.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 06:47:49 am »
:) I gave in and bought one last week from everton online. It took only 3 days to get to me.
I love the pressure cook feature.
Have used it 4 times so far.

With my thermomix and 5 in 1, i'll be cooking alot.

Robyn
:D  Great combination.  Not much need for anything else...

I was winning over DH that I  need a 5-in-1 until he saw how well rice cooks in the TC...
And I cook a lot on our wood fire in winter using cast iron.  Cant beat slow cooked curries in cast iron pans.
I think I will wait til out rice cooker really gives up and then get one.
Everten have the best deals and great service.  They are cheaper than any eBay price I have seen.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:51 am »
I almost bought one of these to replace my old  8 L pressure cooker, but decided that it was too small. Also, being electric, it wouldn't last as long as a stovetop pressure cooker. Instead, General Trader were having a great sale and I bought a 8.5 L Scanpan pressure cooker for about the same price. Problem was, the pressure cooker wouldn't come up to pressure, so I had to take it back. Apparently, there was a bad batch of pressure cookers , so they have replaced it with a new one. I have just picked it up, so hopefully this will work.....
I hope everyone is happy with their pressure cookers, as they turn cheap cuts of meat into wonderful quick and easy meals. They are a great complement to thermies.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »
Any more thoughts on this?
I put on a slow cooker meal this morning and came back to a stone cold raw filled slow cooker :( this afternoon.
It has given up the ghost after 7 years (we got it from our wedding registry)
I am thinking this is a good option
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »
Meagan, I'm thinking of getting one this weekend. I'm trying to decide between the Breville fast slow and the Newwave 5 in 1, they look the same and seem to have the same functions. At the moment Appliances online have the Breville one for not much more than the Newave so I'm thinking of going with the more well known brand.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 12:45:28 am »
The 5 in 1 is for sale at kitchen warehouse for 149 with a stainless steel bowl insert as well as the non stick, which appeals to me

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:58 am »
I can get the 5 in 1 free with my fly buys a.t.m.......just not sure, still undecided....but Julies ribs she posted the other day is making the decision so much harder  :-\
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:29 am »
I bought the Nu wave, and I love it.

I use it and my thermomix, all the time.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:43 am »
Matchbox have the 5 in 1 on sale at the moment for $159 including the additional stainless steel insert so think I'll go with that one as long as they have it in stock tomorrow.  I've already sent a txt to family and friends to see if anyone is interested in my Morphy Richards fairly new slow cooker and thinking I might put my old Monier one (retro in perfect condition still in original packaging) on ebay after seeing they seem to sell well on there.

Maddy, those ribs did look amazing.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 05:22:43 am »
Well I went and got it this morning and it is cooking my slow cooker meal now   ;) it's smelling good. So glad I got the stainless steel insert free :) love a good deal.

Last night I came away with chop sticks for the boys with those little silicone figures to hold then together ( DH asked if I got him one too lol - he is not a fan of chop sticks, whereas I grew up using them when we went to Chinese for family birthday celebrations and thought it was so grown up when I was able to use them properly)
The oil mister that everyone on here bought ages ago (24.95 saved $10) and a few other bits and bobs.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 06:49:05 am »
I have never used a pressure cooker - like others on here, my mum's scared me too much (but the other not-so-small reason was that the only thing we ever had in it was stew which was like just colored brown water with a few tiny strips of meat floating around in it  :P ) Needless to say my mum was not the best or most confident cook, everything was done in a hurry on the cheap and tasted it too - BUT  am happy to say she now has a TM, has had a HUGE confidence boost in her cooking ....AND HER FOOD IS NICE!!!!!!!  :o :o But I digress, what I want to know is about this machine, I brought a 6.5L slow cooker when I was preg with DD2, it is still going strong and I love it to pieces, gets used at least 3 times a week, but after reading thru this thread I am wondering if something like this would be better...? What do others think? DH often talks about his mum's pressure cooked meals and how NICE they were!!!
:D

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »
It is 6l capacity my slow cooker was 4.5 I like it but have only had it for 1 day. It cooked the slow cooker meal well and I found the pieces of veg stayed whole more than my old slow cooker. I guess it is a case of getting used to it. I am interested in the pressure cooker side of things as my friend uses her pressure cooker a lot and makes beautiful  dishes with it :)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 03:04:59 pm »
Astarra, my mum has never liked cooking much, and I seem to remember all the bad meals she made rather than the good ones. Her soups were so thick that you could hold the bowl upside down and nothing would fall out!
After we all left home, she was having a clear out, and I rescued her pressure cooker. I was uncertain how to use it and a little scared, so it spent about 10 years at the back of my cupboard.  Then I bought mum a book for her birthday by Juantia Philips called " How a pressure cooker saved my life". It recounted a really stressful period in her life juggling news reading and a young family. She bought a pressure cooker and it bought a little sanity back into her life as well as tasty, nutritious and quick meals.  As a result, I dusted off the PC and started using it. I use it constantly in winter, and before I bought my TC, it was the appliance I used ( and loved) most. My husband has difficulty digesting red meat, so we rarely ate it. However, since I started using the PC, the meat is very tender and tasty and we eat it much more often. It is great for soups, curries and casseroles. You can even cook desserts in it too, but I haven't tried that yet. Most meat dishes only cook for about 15 minutes once they are bought up to pressure. It really does save time. I still brown the meat first, even though some recipes skip this step, as I think that it adds to the flavour. There are lots of recipes available on line and I have a few PC recipe books too. It really has moved on from watery stews. It even has "green" credentials as the power used to cook the meals is reduced - you don't have to simmer for hours or bake in an oven for hours.
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now....
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »
I started pressure cooking again after reading that book as well! It is so inspiring especially to working mums ! The recipes in there are a great start towards pressure cooking and I have to say that these days I don't know what I would do without my TM or the pressure cooker. I gave my slow cooker away ages ago to some friends as I think I used it in total about 3 times ever. My mum routinely used a pressure cooker when I was a kid (and she is a great cook- never had any 'explosions' either) so to me, there is something reassuring about the gentle hiss of the pressure cooker in the background. With my current pressure cooker, which is the Cusinart electric one , I find the size is perfect  for our family. In fact, I made some pea and ham soup the other day which fed 4 adults, 3 teenagers and my 5 yo twins easily.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein