Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206144 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #5775 on: October 04, 2012, 04:04:32 am »
Ice cream sounds good Amy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: October 04, 2012, 05:45:00 am »
It's 34 here at the moment.

Today I made satay sauce (Theo & Co book) to make chicken satay pizzas tonight.  My DH thought it all smelled really good so asked if he could have one for lunch as well.  I couldn't get any of the bases that Maddy uses but have used the Bazaar Greek wraps previously so used these.

To be honest I didn't think it was going to be all that thrilling, but DH really liked his, so I made one for myself and I was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it.  Certainly not a big flavoured pizza but all the elements went together really well, there's wasn't anything in it that took over and the best thing is we didn't feel weighed down after it. 

The sauce makes more than is needed so will freeze the rest for another time.  Very simple ingredients, besides the satay sauce there's sliced mushrooms, grated mozzarella, green capsicum, flaked roast chicken and sliced onion.  Before putting into the pizza maker I sprayed the top very lightly with oil, mainly for the sake of the onions so they wouldn't dry out.

Will definitely make again.  :D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: October 04, 2012, 05:46:56 am »
Sounds good JulieO.  :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: October 04, 2012, 05:49:34 am »
Looks fantastic Julie :D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: October 04, 2012, 05:54:23 am »
Looks lovely Julie O and like something I would enjoy! :)

Sounds like you're having the weather we had the other day too - time to head to the beach...

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: October 04, 2012, 05:55:58 am »
Yum Yum Julie  :o :o

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: October 04, 2012, 06:04:13 am »
lovely pizza, and the pink plate..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #5782 on: October 04, 2012, 06:57:40 am »
Very nice pizza Julie. I can't find any of the bases Maddy uses either so will give the Bazzar ones a try. Good to have a recommendation.
Was the satay sauce very hot Julie? I have a 19yrs and 15yrs that won't touch a thing with even a hint of heat.

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: October 04, 2012, 07:28:15 am »
Ohhh pizza - mmmm mybe on the weekend *grin*

I am planning a simple tomato based pasta sauce and fresh pasta if I can be bothered to buy eggs on the way home tonight.  Not sure I can be bothered really - it is hot here. 
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:55 am »
Thankyou  :D

Very nice pizza Julie. I can't find any of the bases Maddy uses either so will give the Bazzar ones a try. Good to have a recommendation.
Was the satay sauce very hot Julie? I have a 19yrs and 15yrs that won't touch a thing with even a hint of heat.

No not hot at all because I couldn't get a red chilli yesterday and couldn't be bothered going to another supermarket so I used a heaped tsp of sambal oelek in place of.  Worked really well, gave a hit; a bit like pepper but without any heat.  Even if the sauce tastes a bit hotter when first made, once it's on the base it seems to lose that.  Maybe just add 1/2 tsp of sambal or less than stated of fresh red chilli and see what you think, or even leave it out completely the first time you make it.  You can always add more next time if you like it. We don't like things too hot either.   ;D

mcmich

« Reply #5785 on: October 04, 2012, 08:04:09 am »
Thanks Julie will leave it out for the girls but will add to ours, I like a medium heat.  :D

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #5786 on: October 04, 2012, 08:16:24 am »
It's 34 here at the moment.

Today I made satay sauce (Theo & Co book) to make chicken satay pizzas tonight. 

34? *melts* so so so glad I don't live over there, my Northern Irish blood & skin wouldn't cope.

Pizza looks yummy, minus all the healthy things of course ;)

Who is Theo & Co? Would that be this book? http://uwap.uwa.edu.au/books-and-authors/book/theo-co/
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: October 04, 2012, 08:27:30 am »
I have that book... never actually read it though :o :o
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:31:52 am by Amy :-) »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: October 04, 2012, 08:29:52 am »
Nice looking pizza Julie. I'm taking more interest in pizza photos now that I've ordered a pizza machine.  Looks like I am going to need that book too, anyone know where the cheapest buy is or are there no specials on this book yet?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #5789 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:16 am »
I think I will be needing that book too now Judy.
One thing just leads to another. I'm sure I would be able to give up work if I didn't have to support my shopping habit.  :-))