Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5205447 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #2745 on: May 11, 2012, 01:12:46 am »
Sounds great Amy.. :)
Tonight steamed coral trout, tar tare sauce, veges.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: May 11, 2012, 11:58:02 am »
Well Mr Chicken, apart from one of your legs falling off, you were perfect ;D Served with crispy roast potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli, and followed by apple and sultana rice pudding. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you Mr Chicken :-*

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 12, 2012, 05:36:17 am »
Have made a Beetroot & Goat's Cheese Tart for dinner. The pastry has thyme leaves mixed into it.   :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 12, 2012, 06:38:40 am »
Looks great as usual Julie..

Robyn ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 12, 2012, 07:06:03 am »
Your pastry always looks so professional Julie - like the sound of this one, beetroot, yum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #2750 on: May 12, 2012, 07:58:05 am »
Lovely Julie.
Tonight it's a barbeque for stepdaughters birthday. I have about 22 teenagers + family.  Lot's of fun.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 12, 2012, 08:08:07 am »
Oh yum JulieO. Tonight is Nigellas chicken nuggets and potato bake.
Just made dedes chocolate crunch slice. Was about to make berry muffins but realize I am out of white and raw sugar (just enough left for coffee in the morning).
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: May 12, 2012, 08:11:24 am »
Well Mr Chicken, apart from one of your legs falling off, you were perfect ;D Served with crispy roast potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli, and followed by apple and sultana rice pudding. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you Mr Chicken :-*

I thought I was done for today but now I think I might make a rice pudding for later. I always think of it too late but you have inspired me... just have to wash Thermie again....
Kerryn

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 12, 2012, 08:18:43 am »
Sounds like a busy night for you Michele - have you been cooking all day?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 12, 2012, 09:03:40 am »

I thought I was done for today but now I think I might make a rice pudding for later. I always think of it too late but you have inspired me... just have to wash Thermie again....

Good thing Thermie is easy to wash, and even easier to make rice pudding in ;D

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #2755 on: May 12, 2012, 09:30:07 am »
JulieO, how do you make pastry so that it does not shrink and you get the lovely curves on this side. I made a Lemon and lime tart but the short crust  pastry shrunk and the sides came off the edges.

Ps. Any chance of posting the beetroot and goats cheese tart recipe. The whole family love this combo as a bake. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 12, 2012, 11:16:49 am »
Pan fried sea mullet with steamed rice and vegies, with cheesy white sauce. Followed by leftover rice pudding ;)

The sea mullet was DIVINE ;D All down to my cooking skills of course... :-)) I wouldn't win Masterchef with my plating up skills though... :-\

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: May 12, 2012, 12:15:31 pm »
courton, here's the link for the recipe.  I halved it and baked it in a 20cm tart tin.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/26858/beetroot+and+goats+cheese+tart

I used Tenina's method of cooking the beetroot (below) and made the pastry in the TM.

Cooking the beetroot
Place whole beetroot into simmering basket and insert into TM bowl. Add enough water to come half way up the sides of the simmering basket.
Cook 35-45 min/100ºC/speed 3. Check with a skewer to see if tender.
Remove basket and drain water. When beetroot are cool enough to handle, peel and coarsely grate. Set aside.

This tart was just gorgeous, really enjoyed the flavours.  I can't believe though that after making the 'horseradish cream' I completely forgot to serve it  ???  I'm actually going to make another one in a couple of days to serve for lunch, will use up the horseradish cream then.  ;D

Note: Courton, the tart tins have the curves on it.  The pastry didn't shrink much at all, only a little bit as you can see on one side of the tart.  The thyme leaves in it was a nice touch too.  :D

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #2758 on: May 12, 2012, 12:23:53 pm »
Thank you so much for your quick response and recipe. :) :)

I also used a tart tin with curves but no curves on my pastry. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 12, 2012, 12:52:31 pm »
I worked to night so i gave frank the tasteless spinach and ricotta lasagna that i made a few days ago, yes i know i am a so and so  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian