Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5205418 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #2160 on: March 10, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »
Was yummy to Yvette. We probably have pizza once every 2 weeks. They are so easy to make and we can pick and choose what toppings to put on them to suit everyone's taste buds.
We usually have a mixture of ham, tomato, pepperoni, cabana, capsicum, mushroom, pineapple , spring onion, cheese etc and either BBQ or tomato sauces. Never goes to waste in this family. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 10, 2012, 11:46:43 pm »
Your daughter did a fantastic job dede.....I imagine she was so proud of herself  :)
Give her some other tm recipes....she will love to help I'm sure....you sit back and supervise  ;)

Kids are horse riding today, I have hours of paperwork to do  :(. So I shoved a large piece of lamb, studded with tons of garlic and rosemary, in the slow cooker......and I'll make some tiger rolls to have with the lamb and  gravy.....too easy.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:55 am »
Oh Maddy doesnt  sound like much fun at all.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 11, 2012, 01:54:33 am »
Oh I feel so out of touch with the forum.  Have been so busy as my dtr and grandchild (14 mths) are visiting for a few days and have been run off my feet, today is the first day I've really had to relax and have a look on here  ;D

My plan is to make the veg quiche off this forum with the sour cream pastry.  I usually substitute nat yoghurt in place of the sour cream but I haven't got any left and no time now to make any, so sour cream it is.  :D

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 11, 2012, 04:37:09 am »
Was yummy to Yvette. We probably have pizza once every 2 weeks. They are so easy to make and we can pick and choose what toppings to put on them to suit everyone's taste buds.
We usually have a mixture of ham, tomato, pepperoni, cabana, capsicum, mushroom, pineapple , spring onion, cheese etc and either BBQ or tomato sauces. Never goes to waste in this family. :)
Mandi,  Try some fruit ones with the kids.  Banana, mango and pineapple is nice with plenty of cheese sprinkled over.  And I use cheezy vegemite as a base for vegetarian pizzas.  (DGS will not eat tomato sauce)
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline patsyanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:44 am »
I've just had a bagal for lunch with a bagal from Alyce Alexandra' s book Quick Fix in the Thermomix and they are the best I've tasted outside USA!! Tonight it's left over quinoa salad from last night with steamed chicken with orange and fennel salad (found this in recipe site)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:05 am »
Mandi,  Try some fruit ones with the kids.  Banana, mango and pineapple is nice with plenty of cheese sprinkled over.  And I use cheezy vegemite as a base for vegetarian pizzas.  (DGS will not eat tomato sauce)

Really Fruit and cheese?
The fruit sounds lovely but not sure about adding fruit.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 11, 2012, 09:17:56 am »
Maddy's chicken burgers.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 11, 2012, 10:37:52 am »

Really Fruit and cheese?
The fruit sounds lovely but not sure about adding fruit.
The cheese with fruit is yumm.  I find tropical fruit works best, but others are nice too.

PS..  My favourite toasted sandwich is cheese and banana.    :-))
I get some funny looks when I ask for it.  But once tried it is addictive.   The cheese brings out the flavour .  Drooling just thinking about it. :o

Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 11, 2012, 01:55:10 pm »
cheese and banana. yep, would never think of that combo - who told you about it?  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 11, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »
I just don't know if I could do it Rosie. I'm one of those people who won't try it if it dosnt sound good lol. my kids will have peanut butter and jam or jam and cheese, but I just can't bring myself to try it at all. I rarely try anything new. :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 12, 2012, 01:11:58 am »
same here. I love vegemite, but I have never even tried vegemite and cheese.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 12, 2012, 01:39:14 am »
I love a good vegemite and cheese sandwich.  They are great for a quick little snack.  DH always had a jam and cheese sandwich plus whatever else was available in his lunch box every day of his working life.  He claimed that was his dessert.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

mcmich

« Reply #2173 on: March 12, 2012, 05:06:14 am »
PS..  My favourite toasted sandwich is cheese and banana.    :-))
I get some funny looks when I ask for it.  But once tried it is addictive.   The cheese brings out the flavour .  Drooling just thinking about it. :o

I will try that Rosie. I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

mcmich

« Reply #2174 on: March 12, 2012, 05:08:40 am »
Tonight we are having swiss cheese and ham pastries from For Food's Sake with salad.