Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6069330 times)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12000 on: December 17, 2013, 01:39:27 pm »
Well done all you lovely ladies  ;D

Haven't been on much as life here is on the go from early morning till evening. Can't wait till Saturday as everything will slow down due to the festive season  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: December 17, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »
You will need the well earned break by then MF especially after the dreadful weather you've had over there lately.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: December 17, 2013, 02:21:45 pm »
Yes JD its been far too hot and I have been at Hillarys every day from 7am onwards. Can't use the air con there as all doors and windows are permanently open due to the painters who are still there. Outdoor area starting tomorrow with a team of three coming to do the decking in our backyard outdoor alfresco area and also around the pool and spa.cant wait till all trades stop for the Christmas break as its a long day every day and also school holidays. Kids been great thankfully and gave set aside areas inside and out for them. DS and DIL are on 2 minutes away which is great.  Today lots of dramas but all gas been resolved I hope but won't count my chickens until isee wat tomorrow brings.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: December 17, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »
Congrats Gert and cookie on you wins.

mandi, sometimes you just have to say No..

Jeninwa, great news for a new job, new year..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: December 17, 2013, 10:03:57 pm »
Congrats to all those who've won things and have said "no"  :)

(leave the forum for 24 hours and there's so much to catch up on!)

I can officially tell you all what I did not tell you the other day...Miss 12 won - equally with another girl, Dux of Year 6. (they were both so good that they couldn't be split, so the school gave 2 Duxes) There are 95 kids in year 6, so we are very very proud  ;D ;D
It was a huge shock to Miss 12, but she couldn't get the grin off her face.
I had terrible trouble with the aircon blowing in my eyes in the hall, so there were tears!!! So did hubby!

Then my Grandma's funeral was yesterday arvo and it was really nice. Thankfully the weather was kind to us yesterday and it was only 30 with a sea breeze, instead of 43 and no breeze like it has been for the past 4 days! Quite a celebration of her life, so many people were there, and as she knew she was going, she had written part of her own eulogy which was pretty darned funny in some spots. Most of her grandies had something to say, so it was really personal and then all her great grandies (26 of them) got up and decorated her casket with stickers that meant something to her, which was really good. So there was plenty of laughs and tears too. (can't blame the aircon for those tears as the funeral was in my Mum's garden)
Grandma did have the last say though as we grand kids (11 of us...all about 40-ish) were the pall bearers and couldn't get her out the garden gate to the hearse. We got the giggles and no doubt so did she, as the guys had to lift her up and over the fence.

Then it was a blast from the past catching up with so many people I knew when I was growing up. Funny how some people haven't changed in 30 odd years and others I had no idea who they were until they jogged my memory! Sad how we only catch up now at funerals. Not too sure why we don't have time to see all those people in happier situations. (although there were some yesterday that we couldn't wait to see the back end of...some reli's are like that aren't they!)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12005 on: December 17, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »
Congrats Gert and Cookie!

Dede, good stuff :) Good luck with the interview.

Jen, congrats on your new job.

MF, glad that you're getting some downtime soon xx

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: December 17, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »
Congratulation to Gert and Cookie on your prizes

Nikkit, Congratulations to your DD a great achievement. I'm sure no one minded the tears  ;D
It sounds as though your Grandma's funeral was a lovely celebration of her life.  It it quite common that we often only see some family members at either weddings or funerals. 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: December 17, 2013, 11:53:54 pm »
wouldn't it be nice, if some people caught up, just to say hi, instead of just at weddings or funerals. :)

Nikkit, Congrats on your DD.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:57 am »
Congratulations to your DD (and you as parents) Nikkit - I love reading about the achievements of all your kids.

It used to be weddings and funerals when we saw people we hadn't seen for ages but now it only seems to be funerals as weddings have dropped off and when they do occur, distant rellies aren't invited.  Your Grandma sounded like a lovely lady who had a very good innings, she would have thoroughly enjoyed her funeral
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: December 18, 2013, 04:20:52 am »
My extended family's the same Nikkit, only catch up at funerals, too many of us spread far and wide to do otherwise I'm afraid.
Today I've wrapped 15 presents and I am DONE! Kids presents are packed in a suitcase (those that would fit) ready for the drive to Adelaide on Sunday. Just need to pick up 1 more pressie for them when I'm in the city on Friday then that is it hooray! Starting to look forward to the holidays now - sent some emails out today to friends in SA to see who's free for a catch up... Don't want to be too busy though :)
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: December 18, 2013, 05:39:19 am »
Off to school shortly.

Cp is being picked up in a lamborghini today, he is soooooo excited. Will try & post a photo later :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #12011 on: December 18, 2013, 05:55:31 am »
Glad your Grandmother's funeral went smoothly Nikkit. She was obviously a lovely lady that was well loved.

Today I finished my course - for this year at least, I have another 8-10 weeks next year. I sat my math exam, just a compulsory thing, even every year at work and you need 100% to pass (could be disastrous if a nurse has a bad maths day)  :o
Passed - so all good and now I can relax a little bit until after Christmas.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:02 am »
Congratulations Mich. that is great news.
Nikkit you are the proud Mum of a Dux, congratulations. That is wonderful.

Nikkit I am sure your Grandmother would have had a chuckle with you, especially as she was going over the fence. She sounds lovely. Hugs for her loss. Lots of lovely memories by the sound of it.

Hally, a Lamborghini ! Is it the last day of school? He may get used to it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: December 18, 2013, 08:04:27 am »
Here it is.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: December 18, 2013, 08:25:20 am »
What a beautiful colour. I love Lamborghini s.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/