Author Topic: Can Hardly Wait  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Mil

• View Profile
Can Hardly Wait
« on: March 22, 2010, 07:33:53 am »
My DIL recently started querying me about an extraordinary blender/cooker I had way back in the 70's when my son was about 5 years old.  Between us we worked out it was a Thermomix - and need I say more -she had the research mode going full bore and in less than a month since raising the subject she has joined the TMX Forum (Versace Yo Yo) , had a demo, bought a machine and convinced me to do the same - I did not take much pushing.  Can hardly wait till Sunday when I have my own demo and will own my very new Thermomix.  Compared with the original model this one is like a Ferrari compared to a Mini Minor - but can't knock my old model it did a mighty job making perfect custards for my two fussy eater sons and wonderful sauces and soups for my husband and myself.  As a lucky MIL with a very cluey DIL I felt Mil was a pretty appropriate user name for this wonderful forum site and look forward to benefiting from all the experience floating about out there in cyberspace - No longer green with envy, Mil.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Can Hardly Wait
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:39:32 am »
Ah welcome Mil, nice to hear some lovely things being said about DIL's. Looking forward to sharing some of your recipes once you have unpacked it from the box. Good times ahead  :) Did you keep your old recipe book?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:41:12 am »
Good work MIL - glad to see that you have been reborn with a new Ferrari TM 31.

Great to have you on board.  Is this our first mother/daughter team ?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 07:47:43 am »
Welcome Mil. You and your DIL will be able to share all your successes. I look forward to using some of your recipes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:55:32 am »
Hi MIL, glad to meet you.  We had heard the story about you owning one many years ago so it doesn't surprise me one bit that you wanted the latest model.  What a great team you and versaceyoyo are going to make - nice to see you have a good relationship.  The TMX can only bring you closer and when you get together as a family, guess what you will be talking about ..... :-)) :-)) :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:14:43 am »
Welcome to the Forum MIL.  You will be able to bounce ideas off each other. ;D ;D ;D

Offline boonderoostudio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:15:05 am »
Hi Mil and welcome.
What a great team you and versaceyoyo are going to make - nice to see you have a good relationship.  The TMX can only bring you closer and when you get together as a family, guess what you will be talking about ..... :-)) :-)) :-))
Last Christmas we had 3  *: *: *: at my place (DD2 & DD3 brought their machines with them)and it was terrific fun and made the Christmas meal very easy ;D ;D We had a five course meal and it was no trouble at all with all contributing and the TMX's going full bore...... loads of fun :D :D You should have loads of fun together.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 02:01:32 pm »
Welcome Mil. You are a TMX pioneer (where is the bowing icon). Great to hear you are jumping in with the new model and hope you enjoy it as much as the old one
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 09:29:38 pm »
A very warm welcome MIL!  I can just imagine the feasts we will be able to cook up between us now!  There will be no stopping us!

I am fairly sure MIL threw out her old cook book - it would be really interesting to see one, though.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:56 am »
Hi MIL and a very big welcome I did wonder if you would make the leap when I read DIL's post  :) :)

I am fairly sure MIL threw out her old cook book - it would be really interesting to see one, though.

not only interesting there might have been some great recipes that could have been converted to the TM31  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:11 pm »
not long to go now MIL!  what do you think you will make first?  or do you have a list of things you want to work through?!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 12:16:40 am »
Welcome MIL!  We were really interested to hear about you owning the original model - so where did you get it from?  Did you order it from Germany?  How did you hear about it?  It's still so new in Australia really, so it's fascinating to hear about someone having one years ago.  I had the 80's model, and was so impressed with the new one when I got it, it seemed sooo much better and I use it lots more than I did the old one... so I imagine you must be blown away by the new one compared to the original model!!  Very 'space age' isn't it!  Have lots of fun, hope it gets there soon!  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Mil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 12:04:26 am »
Not long to go till I get my hands onto this new piece of magic - will definitely be making bread (ingredients for several varieties already purchased), yoghurt is also high on the list and as I read through this forum I am suffering overload of ideas. My original TMX was purchased though a party given by a mother from the kids' school in Sydney - unfortunately in the days pre-internet and WWW it was all but impossible to replace the seal on the machine when it deteriorated after about ten years - despite efforts to track one down even through the German embassy.  The old cookbook was discarded only about 12 months ago - kicking myself now - and the TMX insulated jug (white and orange) only met its demise when we moved house two years ago and it was in a carton that went to heaven.  All behind me now - roll out the old - roll in the new.  Versaceyoyo is flooding me with taste testing and we will both be either buying a size larger or joining Weight Watchers.  Thanks for the welcomes, Mil

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 02:14:49 am »
Hi - Mil - welcome to the ever growing Darling Downs group too.  ;) Hope we can all meet up one day. Happy Thermomixing! :)
PS - This has really changed the TMX history in Australia story for me!! Thought it had only been in Aust since 2002!  :-))

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 04:14:48 am »
My consultant told me they only sold somewhere between 20 - 30 of that old model and then Vorwerk pulled out of Australia due to disappointing sales - how times have changed!