Author Topic: Impatiently waiting....  (Read 5453 times)

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
Impatiently waiting....
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:09:52 am »
Hi everyone!

I am Caroline from Perth, and I am impatiently waiting the delivery of my Thermomix!  I ordered last Thursday, so should be here Monday or Tuesday.  I have been researching the TM online for a couple of months, and went to my first demo on Tuesday night.  I have been browsing the recipes on here in anticipation of its arrival!
I am mostly looking forward to making more stuff from scratch, for taste and health benefits, but am also excited about the time the TM should save me in the kitchen too....

Look forward to getting to know you all :)

Caroline

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Impatiently waiting....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:15:17 am »
Hope you do get it that quickly - that would be fast.

Glad that you have found this to be useful - evidence that the internet is a useful tool for Thermomix (sorry need to get off my soapbox)

The Age in Melbourne carried an article today saying that the average saving for going from pre-prepared foods to making your own saves on average $2,000 per year - the cost of the Thermomix !!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:17:01 am »
welcome caroline!!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:49:19 pm »
Hello Caroline in Perth, welcome to the forum.  Guess you've done plenty of reading on the forum and hope you soon get into the swing of things and join us with some of your reviews or conversions of your own favourite recipes.  Good luck.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 02:13:06 pm »
Hey Caroline and welcome to the forum
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:58:57 am »
Welcome Caroline.

Thermomixer that is a useful fact that demonstrators could use. I think it would be fairly true too. Even thinking on small lines it's easy to see what you can save, (even it is only turning the dying vegies into a wonderful soup). I only made the weeks bread and some strawberry jam yesterday and that alone would be a saving of about $10 in one day,
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 10:19:17 am »
I was told at training TMX will save you approx $40.00 per week...which is about $2000.00 and it really does. I know!! Although in saying that my shopping bill is now probably about the same because we are using better ingredients now. More organics and also other grains etc that you would never normally use  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline schnitzel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 10:23:33 am »

Hi Carolyn, I'm impatiently awaiting mine too-it comes tomorrow.  My fridge is virtually empty because I have been putting off the grocery shop until I can get my hands on the TM recipe book and work out what I want to make for the next week (I've printed off plenty of recipes from here too).
I'm very excited!!!!
Regards
Sandra

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:33:57 am »
Oh, me too!  I need mayonnaise and butter, but I keep telling my husband that I don't want to buy them, I want to make them!!   ;D

I think I am going to call my demonstrator and get an update on delivery date...

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 12:39:08 pm »
I was told at training TMX will save you approx $40.00 per week...which is about $2000.00 and it really does. I know!! Although in saying that my shopping bill is now probably about the same because we are using better ingredients now. More organics and also other grains etc that you would never normally use  :D

We are the same Kathryn.  We started out saving money each week and now our food total is about the same.  I love having that little bit of extra money to buy organics and special items.  :)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 05:19:58 pm »
 LOL I even held a Tupperware demo on Saturday as I need more canisters for my pantry...much to everyone's disbelief as EVERYTHING is already in Tupperware in my pantry. (it looks like the ones in their catalogue   :-[:-[ :-[) I just keep getting new ingredients that I am regularly using and had run out of canisters - even with clearing out the stuff I no longer use ... so I HAD to do it  ;D ;D

The wait is worth the while girls! If you are wanting to make butter, make sure you have plenty of ice ready to go (empty your frozen blocks into click seal bags) and make more  ;) of course you can make some milk blocks to ready to make ice cream....that might keep you occupied while you are waiting  :P :P

This 10 day turn around certainly makes it a long wait now, especially as you then have to organise a time that is good for both you and your consultant for delivery  :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »
I got mine today, ordered last Thursday.  Pretty happy with that :)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 04:57:41 pm »
YAY!!how exciting ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 07:36:19 am »
Thank goodness it has arrived. I have been stressing. LOL!

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.