Author Topic: Introduction of a male non-cook 8?)  (Read 6710 times)

Offline Kiwiscoot

• Life's good!
    • View Profile
Introduction of a male non-cook 8?)
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:07:33 pm »
Hi, I am recently single and hate cooking and kitchens.. I eat to live and food is not a priority in my life, however healthy living is. Up to now I have been doing mainly stir-fry frozen vegetables and stews.  Don't laugh please. 8?) This is getting a bit boring though. 8?(

I am currently researching the Thermomix as an option to do easy step by step quick healthy meals. I am here to learn and see if this can cook quick healthy meals with the minimum input from me.

So I hope you will put up with my stupid questions.  Hopefully I can make a  positive contribution to this community too.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Introduction of a male non-cook 8?)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:34:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum, if you do decide to purchase a Thermomix I think you will be surprised at how easy it is to create a nourishing meals, healthy smoothies, soups, risotto's never ending meals in no time, who knows maybe you will decide you love cooking.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 12:50:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  Have a look round this site.  You will see lots of great things to make in the thermomix and how easy it is to create these dishs.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 01:41:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum Kiwiscoot.
There are some great recipes here that might interest you.Have a look at the All in One Meals section.Most of the recipes there are for at least four people but you can easily halve the recipe but remember to reduce the cooking times by 20%.
Another great resource is cooking for 2-3 which can be found here I'm sure you will find this a good read ;)
There is also a Recipe book and chip available for the TM5 called Cooking for you and Me.
The contents is  here and reviews of tried and tested recipes is here
Any more questions, just ask.We are always willing to help.
Good luck with your decision.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 03:38:25 pm »
Hi kiwiscoot, welcome to the forum.  CC has given you some great links to make things easy for you, please do check them out.  Have fun with your new kitchen helper, you might become quite surprised that you actually enjoy cooking.  It might pay to cook larger meals and freeze some for nights you really  don't feel like cooking - I do this most of the time these days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 09:48:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum. 

Before I purchased our TMX cooking was a necessary evil for me, but the TMX turned my views around completely.  I love using it and am making so many things I would never have made before without it ... pastry, custard, risotto ... all so quick, easy an delicious.  My best advice is to keep it on the benchtop so that it is always convenient and try at least one new recipe each week.  Don't forget, if you make a larger meal, freezing the left overs is the perfect way to have a healthy and nutritious meal at hand for the times when you are not in the mood to cook.

So .... go for it and enjoy!  If you have any questions, just pop on here and ask, you will undoubtedly get a response before you know it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 12:44:22 am »
Welcome and I agree with Cuilidh, with a TMX you are likely to find that you end up cooking more than you had previously and are more adventurous in trying more 'difficult' recipes. The TM5 is new but if you're unsure, you could probably pick up a 2nd hand tm31 for around $1000 perhaps? To see how you like or enjoy cooking the TMX way. It takes time to adjust.
From Perth WA

Offline Kiwiscoot

• Life's good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 09:01:22 am »
Thanks for all the kind and encouraging replies..In the mean time I will lurk and learn. ;D ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 07:29:02 am »
Hi and welcome.

The thermomix is so easy to use, and in no time, you will be cooking up a storm for 1 or 2, or more.
explore your options, ask questions on here,, and we will help you out.
its quick, easy option for fast and healthy meals.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:43 am »
Welcome to the forum Kiwiscoot
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Temp56

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 11:25:40 pm »
Hi
i recently purchased my thermomix TM5 and just love using it. Like you i was a boring cook and hated preparing the evening meal after being at work all day but the TM5 makes cooking fun and easy. Its easy to use and easy to add variety to your menu. Thermomix also offers cooklng classes in our area and they are great to attend too. My hubby wasn't sure  if we needed another gadget but he is convinced now. He told me i should go on Masterchef. Have fun.

Offline KristySpiegl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 04:21:06 pm »
Welcome, you have found a great place to lurk, everyone is full of info.

I got my TM5 because my son has ADHD and I am GF and I was struggling to shop within our budget and find time to cook, while still feeding everyone the food they needed. It's so fast and easy to make things from scratch now that cover all our bases and my grocery bill has halved. It's definitely helped us health wise

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 09:20:49 pm »
Hi Kiwiscoot and welcome to the Forum.  It has all been said for me but I do encourage you to go for it.  My husband cannot/willnot cook.  He knows where the kitchen is but that is about all. However even he can make the Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto in the seafood section(half the recipe for 2 of us)   - and proudly tells everyone how easy it is - just like painting by numers.  Have fun and healthy meals at the same time.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.