Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 5333 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Happy New Year!
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:49:25 pm »
Hi everyone! Feel like I have been away for years! Missed you all terribly, we went to spend xmas, new year and the 3 kings with our family in Granada, and see the snow in Sierra Nevada, and although we got back 10 days ago, I honestly have not sat down, my emails are almost as bad as the 14 unread pages of topic here! OMG! Pleeeeease let me catch up! Caroline, hang on there, not long now, soups, stews best option, throw it all in, and then blend the soups, you can always spice it up at the end with some chilli/curry to give it a kick! ;D
I can see also that Isi is a fantastic new member....welcome ISI, lovely recipes, look forward to making them, have already printed off 3 this evening!
Now you all have sweltering temperatures, whilst we are freezing in Europe, hope all the ice-creams and cold soups are coming along nicely. Have you all tried the gazpacho? ;) ;)
Nice to be home, back on line, and trying to catch up! Happy new year everyone....may all your dreams/wishes come true!
PS. have put on 1 kilo over xmas, so back to my diet again, hopefully won't take me long to lose it! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline isi

• View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:24:43 pm »
Hello Bron  :)
Pleased to meet you!
I'm glad you planned to make my recipes!
I am here not long ago but I already feel at home, everyone is very friendly and receptive.
I wish you also a Happy New Year and hope to get to know you better ;)
isi

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:52:54 pm »
Hi Bron, lovely to have you back.  Yes, it does seem a long time since you were an active member and you will have noticed how much the forum has grown since then.  Only 1kg over Christmas - that's pretty darn good I'd say  ;) ;) You'll have that off in no time with your willpower.  Happy New Year to you too. :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »
Hi Bron!  Happy New Year!  I can hardly believe that Feb is nearly upon us - January has just flown, not that I have much to show for it!!!!!  We have been seeing reports on the news of all the snow and cold weather that you guys have been having.  Don't know what would be worse all our heat or all your snow!!!  Keep warm and have a great 2010.

Trudy

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:14:47 am »
Welcome back Bron Happy New Year. We've missed you. I wish I had only put on 1kg over Xmas- more like 3 for me so I'll also be dieting (soon :D :D)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 02:09:49 am »
Hi Bron, lovely to have you back with us. I'm like VHJ, wishing it was only 1kg. Isi's wonderful bread is making it very hard. But then no one is FORCING me to eat it. It's too nice.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:52:29 am »
Hi Bron and welcome back! Lots of catching up to do! Hasn't the time flown? We're looking down the barrel at February now already! :o
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 06:58:59 am »
Welcome back - good to hear your news (except the wt gain  :( )  Looking forward to your posts.   :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 04:28:20 pm »
Thanks guys! Nice to be back! Weighed in today and have lost 1.1 kilo! Woohoo! So how lucky is that! That kilo soon came off!
Oh Cookie! I have printed Isi's bread recipe, but I am sooo scared to make it, how will I resist it! Will try it at the weekend, and try a wincey piece and then stuff the kids & DH with it! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Trudy, I just somehow cant imagine warm weather, we have had sooooooo much rain, that our water shortage is no longer short. So abnormal for the south of spain ??? ??? ???
Isi, nice to meet you too! This will be excellent practice for your English!
Thxer, MJ, VHJ and JD, its great to be back :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Amanda

Spain

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 04:53:37 pm »
Welcome back Bron - sorry to hear about the rain in Spain (not mainly on the plain obviously!)....  [ISI - that's a reference to a song from the musical/film My Fair Lady ].   The weather this winter has certainly been abnormal - we have just got rid of our snow but more is forecast  :o

With regard to Isi's bread, you could always makevery small  rolls and then freeze them and ration yourself to only having one a day.  I'm sure the seeds are very beneficial for your health  ;) ;)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 12:06:21 am »
Hi Bron - send some of the rain down our way.  Our gardens could really use it.

Cheers
Trudy

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »
Yes Katya, good idea, ration myself to one every morning for breakfast! ;) ;) ;) and keep the rest in the freezer, so am not tempted to have another one! :-)) :-)) :-))
Trudy, have sent it on its way! Hope you get it soon! :D
Amanda

Spain

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 12:15:57 am »
Hope it makes it Bron - it's going to be another 40C here today!!!!