Author Topic: After work tupperware party  (Read 10803 times)

Offline mosquito

• View Profile
After work tupperware party
« on: May 29, 2010, 03:55:19 am »
So I'm new to the TMX thing and hosting a tupperware party after wok next week.  Any hints / suggestions as to what to prepare gratefully accepted.  I think I'm going to try the betroot, parmesan & cashew dip and a herbed cream cheese but would like to also do some hot finger food & something sweet.  Thanks!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: After work tupperware party
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 04:50:36 am »
This query makes me think H.O. should put together a party cookbook/finger food etc.  Plenty of dips around but try the Herbal Chicken Hors-D'oeuvres, page 46 EDC, they are really nice. The new meat cookbook has lots of different meatball recipes which you could make into small bite sized ones for a party and on page 16 of that book is Thai Chilli Pork sausage rolls which has had a good review. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:03:24 am »
For hot food ,  how about JD's curry mince into small rolls,  Make Isi's roll recipe into 18 and cook in mini muffin tins.   Mince and rolls cooked day before.  On day cut off tops and scoop out soft centers and fill with mince.  Heat in over.  A filling of salmon or corn in white sauce for vegetarians.  Also,  how about Isi's Olive rolls in a Parmesan crust.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:39:44 am »
Good ideas Chookie.  This afternoon I have been going through all my cookbooks (about to start on forum recipes) and making a list of all finger food items.  Will post it when completed.  Might be a good one to print out and have on hand for future use to save time.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 09:37:50 am »
Good idea JD,  I have a couple of good ones that I make for Amanda when she has her book group.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 10:04:32 am »
The vegetarian sausage rolls are always a hit  ;D Healthy Eating with Cyndi O'Meara if you have the book (pg 22) otherwise pm me and I will email it to you if you want it ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 12:46:41 pm »
This is a rough list of what I found in the books I have.  Bear in mind there are dip recipes everywhere so I have not included them. The following can be made into bite sized servings. Feel free to add anything I've omitted or any ideas you may have.

Herbal Chicken Hors-D'Oeuvres page 46 EDC

Vegetable Parcels - Indian Book page 52
Crispy chicken croquettes Page 12 Meat book
Beef & feta rissoles Page 11            "   
Herbed honey meatballs Page 13     "
Green meatballs Page 14                "
Swedish meatballs page 15             "
Thai chilli pork sausage rolls page 16 "
Pork balls with minted peanut sauce Page 18 Meat book
Chunky mexican beef dip Page 19   Meat book
Salami spread page 20                    "
Pierogi Page 108 Meat book
Crispy bread with tapenade Page 50 A Taste of Vegetarian
Nutty cheese tartlets page 53           "
Walnut mushroom flan page 69          "
Cheese straws Page 97                     "
Thai fish cakes Page 16 A Seafood Bounty
Garlic Prawns Page 19         "
Steamed prawn wontons Page 22   "
Almond cheese ball Page 5 Festive Flavour booklet
Cheese ball Page 5
             "
Forum recipes in snacks and starters -
Isi's Crispy Olives
Chookies Indian Patties
Baf65's chicken sausage rolls
Gertbysea's Chicken liver & pistachio pate
Riv Mum's Bacon & cheese cob loaf dip
Plenty of dips here too.           

Offline mosquito

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 06:20:56 am »
Thanks for that.  I think I'll try the chicken hors d'oeuveres from the basics book, I'm figuring I could make the mix the night before and just pop them in the oven at the party.  Does anyone who's made them know how many they make? I also want to try my hand at sausage rolls.  Trying to decide whether I'm game to have a have a go at the pastry or how long that will take to make, hmmmm

I haven't bought any of the other cookbooks yet, probably need to take the plunge but trying to let the wallet recover from the TMX, restocking the pantry and all the containers to store all the different nuts, seeds, legumes etc I've suddenly accumulated.   :)  It would be so nice to have everything. . . .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 06:32:58 am »
It would be nice to have everything mosquito but it is fun getting them bit by bit too.  I have made these chicken balls and forgot to make a note of how many it made but it is a lot.  More than enough for your tupperware party I am sure. Try making the pastry yourself, it is so easy.  I never made my own before TMX but if I can do it, it just shows you how easy it is. You will feel so proud on the night, saying you made the pastry too. After supper, you might get more interest in the TMX than the tupperware.  Don't forget to put it where they can all see it and you never know, you might get a spotter's fee down the track if you refer them to your consultant.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 02:50:33 am »
Judy, great list of ideas.  Can't wait for the tupperware party Mosquito.

The Herbal Chicken Hors-D'Oeuvres are brilliant, and make heaps.  Really nice served with a toothpick and some yoghurt balls marinated in sweet chilli sauce - that's what I did.

If you're interested in the sausage rolls that Faffa mentioned, I have that cookbook, so you can borrow it.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 02:58:16 am »
Mosquito......is your tupperware demonstrator cooking for you?
Most of them do cooking demonstrations now, to show case their stuff......if not, make her!  ;D  Less for you to do then  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 08:54:06 am »
Jacqui - I remembered that you've actually eaten the Herbal Chicken Hors-D'Oeuvres at my graudation party last December.

And check out this review to answer your questions.

You can definitely make them and roll them the day before, and just bake them when you're ready.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 09:22:40 am »
You've been doing some useful work behind the scenes today Cathy, thanks for your efforts. :-* :-*

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 01:08:35 pm »
I've made these chicken hors d'euvres many times and do you think I can remember how many it makes? - it does make a lot and I have made the mixture the night before and cooked the next day and all is fine. I have used them as dinner at home with salad etc. in summer, but when I use it as finger food I serve them with the mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.  Hope you have fun at your tupperware party.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 04:47:20 am »
WOW - lots of great ideas.  We should put some permanent links somewhere as it is always good to see these lists  :-* :-* :-*

Would be good for TMX HQ to put together a website with recipes in categories, rather than us having to buy books.  :-\ :-\

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.