Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134944 times)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17355 on: March 08, 2015, 12:29:29 pm »
Lovely photo's Cookie.

Your cake looks great Katie.

Hope your baby shower went well Jamberie.

CP shame you wont be in Melbourne later this month as we will be there for a week and could have met up.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: March 08, 2015, 09:49:23 pm »
Apologies for my intermittent appearances here. There just aren't enough hours in a day ATM.
I love coming here to see what you have all been doing and cooking :) Canberra looks lovely Cookie.
Had to share this with you all. We took time out on Saturday night and went to what I think is Sydney's only remaining drive in theatre. The drive in has been renovated with a 60's Happy Days vibe. It was a lot of fun. More pics and a little story here http://www.trublutravelling.com.au/#!/grapevine/2071/grass-class-movie-night
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: March 08, 2015, 11:09:25 pm »
Lovely story Gayle. Sadly  our future generations will never experience the fun, frivolities, and naughtiness of the drive in theatre.

Those were the days when teenagers had a lot more freedom than they do today. How little they know how small their world is now compared to the "fifties and sixties". Big old cars, bench seats, cuddling up and no phones!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17358 on: March 09, 2015, 01:56:22 am »
Gert that is all so very true. When DH and I started going out ( I was about 19) I had long hair. I often used to put it in plaits and he would get me into the drive in for half price. They were also the days of people piling into the boots of cars to avoid paying. Such fun at the drive ins.  :D

I'm at Tullamarine awaiting my flight home. We had a good flight down from Canberra. It was on a Dash aircraft with props.i loved it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: March 09, 2015, 02:21:20 am »
Love those Dash 8's. Have a good flight home on a bigger plane.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: March 09, 2015, 05:34:38 am »
Haven't been to the drive-in in years. What fun  ;D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:29 am »
Hope you got home safely, Cookie.

It's a holiday here in Melbourne today so, guess what I am doing .... WORKING!!!  It is amazing what you can get done when the phones are not ringing or customers aren't coming in breaking your concentration.  My desk is almost clear of work again - I have even had a bit of time to pop in and out of the forum and actively contribute for a change!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: March 09, 2015, 06:54:31 am »
Thanks for the well wishes :) the baby shower went really well. My friend and sister did a lovely job and I was overwhelmed with gifts good times. I even received a nappy cake (will post pic if I can), which looked amazing. Today was spent recovering before heading back to work tomorrow (it's been a lovely long weekend here).
Hope you enjoyed Canberra Cookie. I too love prop planes. My FIL has a small plane (I call it a Barina with wings), and it is fabulous fun to fly in.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: March 09, 2015, 07:08:44 am »
Love the happy cake Jamberie :D :D

I hope your had a good flight home Cookie.

I never experienced a Drive In Movie Theatre. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: March 09, 2015, 07:53:47 am »
Hope you have a good flight Cookie 
Gosh, I remember the drive in theatre, at interval hot tomato soup & chips.  Those were the days!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: March 09, 2015, 08:04:30 am »
Cc did they ever have drive in theatres in the UK I would think they would not be viable with your climate.

Love the nappy cake. I never had a baby shower and I have been to only one but I do think they have advanced quite a bit.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: March 09, 2015, 08:15:18 am »
Arrived home safely and had a lovely flight. The cabin air con was a bit wonky. We cooked for about 20 minutes then froze the rest of the flight. No big deal really.

Jamberie that looks amazing. The weekend was certainly beautiful  in Canberra. We saw more balloons this morning. There was even a fog when we first got up. All very pretty.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: March 09, 2015, 08:37:39 am »
am home too, bit knackered as I went straight to the office desk. Everything ship shape though. Was a bit naughty over my little holiday in Melbourne and probably didn't stick to my diet, so whilst I polished off the last of the Haigh's chocolate freckles I made a pact with myself to start the diet again tomorrow  :-)) Have been thinking about the yummy food chookie made and the warm hospitality, and I would say that Saturday would have to be a highlight. Trying out a new bread recipe seeing as I've been inspired, and making a nice soup for dinner.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17368 on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:31 am »
Love the nappy cake.
I've had a day where I wished I'd never got out of bed.  It started just after midnight when dog woke me barking his head off at either a two legged or four legged creature in our backyard. By the time I looked out all was gone and so back to bed. An hour later DS6 wanted a drink. At 3.30 DS7 had a blood nose. No wonder I slept it, but that was my mistake. I ran late all day. Made choc chip hot cross buns and somehow melted the choc chips in the dough in the tmx resulting in one big goey mess. Kids say they taste good though. Second batch of hot cross buns and I killed the yeast by warming at 70 degrees along with butter and milk. Not thinking. Did cook them and they did not rise,. Yuk. Did make a butter chicken but smashed a ceramic pinch bowl on the tiles resulting in a small cut to my ankle. Who knew you needed to wear shoes when cooking. Think I will go to bed early and start again. Happy labour day / Moomba to all Victorians x

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: March 09, 2015, 08:58:50 am »
A big hug Kim :-* We all have had days like that. :P Roll on tomorrow after a good nights sleep.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.