Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6068400 times)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1230 on: July 21, 2012, 01:35:42 am »
Washing done. About to get ready to go to Christmas In July afternoon tea and fashion parade. It is a fundraiser for CanAssist.
Go to pack for my holiday/conference. Flying to the Gold Coast on Thursday.
Anyone know what the weather is like up there this time of year?
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1231 on: July 21, 2012, 03:37:01 am »
Spending the day in the garden, whipper snipper and mowing. The sun was out this morning but now disappeared. :(
Oh well off to finish the lawns. Might even go to bunnings later and get some new plants to plant along our front lane :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 21, 2012, 03:37:55 am »
I wonder how many steps it is walking right around bunnings? Lol :D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 21, 2012, 05:48:46 am »
farrier been and gone. He wasn't late - apparently  :-))
I should learn how to trim hooves myself. Save me $80 every 6 weeks. Just the thought of having my head lower than my bum under a horse for any amount of time puts me off  :D
I'm cleaning the sliding doors, tracks, fly wire doors out in the games room. Now that the timber floors are done it is time to get  all the games room stuff (ie junk that doesn't fit anywhere else in the house) back off the verandah and into the room. Hmmm I see another bag or 5 being cleared out of there today!
But I can't just wipe over the glass doors and think it's done. Cement dust gets in everywhere and so a 5 minute job has turned into over an hour. Doors do look good though, and the spiders I displaced are not happy.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 21, 2012, 05:58:41 am »
I wonder how many steps it is walking right around bunnings? Lol :D

If your bunnings is as big as our bunnings, then it would be a lot of steps Mandi ;D

It is a sad day for our town today :( Late last night I was woken up by lots of sirens, so I knew something bad would come to light this morning. It turns out a house burned to the ground and at least one person was killed and another seriously injured.
Horrible horrible horrible :'(
The house was on a main road so it was all blocked off. Town was hectic this morning with people trying to get around (and other nosy people trying to get a good look at the house! >:()

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 21, 2012, 06:20:00 am »
That does sound a terrible thing, Amy.  :(
:D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:52 am »
That's horrible Amy, I hate when things like that happen so close to home.
Talking about house fires I nearly burnt mine down the other day when I threw clothes in the dryer to finish them off as they were a little damp. 5 minutes later I could smell something burning when DD come running to me to say the laundry was full of smoke. OMG I panicked, the dryer was smoking. I unplugged the dryer and emptied the clothes out then carried it out side. It was really hot.
I hate dryers now, I keep thinking what could of happened if I had walked out of the house and didn't realize until it was too late.
I don't think the dryer actually caught on fire inside it but something was burning, I have to get the repair guy to check it out for me.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 21, 2012, 09:58:29 am »
OMG Mandi, that must have been scary :o What if it had exploded or something? I don't want to think about that actually :-X
I really hate fire. I'm even scared of matches :-[
I think its because of a story I read in my family history book about a housefire that killed four of my relatives when they were young children :(

On a more positive note, I just went swimming for an hour and a half :) I'm trying to get my endurance up ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 21, 2012, 11:51:30 am »
OMG Mandi, that must have been scary :o What if it had exploded or something? I don't want to think about that actually :-X
I really hate fire. I'm even scared of matches :-[
I think its because of a story I read in my family history book about a housefire that killed four of my relatives when they were young children :(

On a more positive note, I just went swimming for an hour and a half :) I'm trying to get my endurance up ;)

It was scary Amy, although no harm done but is more the thought of what could of been.

*suzanne*

« Reply #1239 on: July 21, 2012, 02:35:09 pm »
I heard that terrible news on the radio this morning,so sad.

Dede so glad you are all ok, it must have been scary and lucky  that your DD noticed it when she did

We went to footy this morning it was a little bit cold but DS2 enjoyed himself, then we went and visited the grandparents for lunch so all in all a nice day, the sun was shining and all is well  :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 21, 2012, 02:51:33 pm »
Drove to Perth and put my sister and BIL on a plane back to New York.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #1241 on: July 21, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »
Wow Mandi lucky break.

Generally when it comes to dryers what happens is a lint build up in the exhaust. Lint is a very good fire starter. Fingers crossed your repair guy can show you the way to get it out of the nooks and crannies so you don't lose your dryer.

Jadey  :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 21, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »
Just the usual twice daily dog walking but did manage to get some weeding done in the garden seeing the sun was shining. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 22, 2012, 02:19:35 am »
Up early, made butter, some dips  & bread.

Dh sprayed snow on our windows with xmas silhouttes, looks good.

Someone remind why I hold parties ??? & tell me not too next time  ;D if I am thinking if one.

I have the start of the ful, dh has the end of the flu >:(

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 22, 2012, 03:03:21 am »
rest up Hally.

Amy bad news about the fire near you.. :-*

:-*Just done the weekly grocery shop, and now about to start cooking for the afternoon.. ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url