Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036289 times)

stacelee

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2012, 04:09:56 am »
You are braver than me to go to Ikea on a weekend.....I'll only go if I park over at Spotlight and walk over...that place is insane...I can only cope with it on a weeknight normally.

I've finally made the aebleskivers, which was a bad idea for the diet.....oops....never mind.  I have hokey pokey biscuits in the oven now, when they come out I'm going to head down to Coles so I can feed people tonight and I have to swing past my mothers to record some stuff on foxtel for her.  I hope everyone's Saturday is going well.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2012, 05:00:30 am »
slept in till 6.30 am, DH was already up designing, then he went to work till 9.00
I took the kids on a adventure...
health food shop, then IGA shopping, then to get drinks, Big W for lego.

That too 3 hours, including driving.

Now about to cook cakes. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2012, 05:25:40 am »
Had a great idea last night whilst feeding DS.  I've been wanting table and chairs for the DD to do craft on, but all the kids ones are too small and expensive, so I went to Bunnings today and got a blow molded table for $25.00 and DH will chop the legs down to make it lower.  A friend told me they had chairs at the reject shop for $10.00 so will try and hunt them down.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2012, 05:55:22 am »
I'm looking forward to Wednesday weigh in for me. Hopefully I will loose 1kg :)

Thats a good goal Mandi. Dietitians recommend a loss of 0.5 - 1 kilogram for healthy weight loss ;)

Robyn, sounds like you had a lovely morning with the kids :)

This morning I went into town with my mum. We bought a new fruit bowl, new dog beds, presents for a friend of ours who just had her first baby, some fresh fruit and vegies, a couple of new novels, and MOST EXCITINGLY OF ALL..... I talked mum into buying Dinner Spinner! She also bought some birthday cards, but only because she liked the rude jokes on the front of them... :-))

Of course, the first thing I did with the Dinner Spinner book was break the little spinner thing. Typical me :-[

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2012, 08:18:51 am »
Took the kiddlets clothes shopping today. They got heaps of new clothes (thanks to the school kids bonus money). I got a $5 iPad cover :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2012, 08:27:43 am »
Took DS to swimming lessons. Back to our shop to pay some bills and help DH. Home to clean house and wash clothes. GF came to get some eggs and have a cuppa. Just put Choc cake in the oven for dessert. Need a pick me up. Thyroid playing up and feeling like crap. About to start dinner.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

stacelee

« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2012, 09:39:19 am »
For some bizarre reason I decided to make a batch of BBQ sauce and two batches of ketchup which meant a trip to the shops.....I hate grocery shopping at the best of times and 4 pm Saturday was a dumb time to go.  It was lovely to get home and start cooking.  I'm now going to veg out and finish binding a quilt.

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2012, 10:35:54 am »
This morning I managed to procrastinate - I had planned on going in to work as I am about to have 2 weeks away and things need to be done.  So played Civ V for a couple of hours and then dragged myself to work.  I've been relatively productive *grin*
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2012, 11:49:09 am »
I just got home from visiting my grandparents. Grandpa is looking very old and worn out. He was in hospital last week with fluid around his heart :( :( :(

Having dinner now.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2012, 11:54:04 am »
Stacelee we all have homemade quilts on our beds. My DM made them all, we all love them. Great for extra warmth for our Tassie weather.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2012, 11:55:09 am »
And Amy I hope your Grandfather feels better soon. It's hard to watch our loved ones grow old. :(

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »
And Amy I hope your Grandfather feels better soon. It's hard to watch our loved ones grow old. :(

Thanks Mandi, it really is hard. Especially for me, being the youngest grandchild, I've had the least time with him. And he is such an amazing man. I love him so much :'(

Sorry, I will stop crying on the forum now.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2012, 12:03:48 pm »
I don't have any grandparents around anymore. They are very special people in our younger years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2012, 12:04:45 pm »
It's so nice to know you are close to your Grandfather Amy - so many young people these days don't bother with their grandparents, they are too busy.  Visit him often and let him know you love him - he'll like that  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2012, 12:19:24 pm »
I don't have any grandparents around anymore. They are very special people in our younger years.

I'm sorry to hear that Mandi :( I completely agree with you, they are very very special.

It's so nice to know you are close to your Grandfather Amy - so many young people these days don't bother with their grandparents, they are too busy.  Visit him often and let him know you love him - he'll like that  :-*

Thank you for saying that Judy :-* My grandpa is the most important man in my world. I have so much admiration for him that I can't even begin to explain it. He's my inspiration for life :)
I tell him how much I love him every time I see him. And you're right, he does like it ;) He holds my hand and doesn't want me to leave.