Author Topic: Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli) pasta  (Read 35351 times)

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
Re: Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli) pasta
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 11:12:45 am »
Thanks JD... sorry for the abruptness... was in the middle of arsenic hour and the kids were going nuts!  Trying to make theirs... wash dishes and make ours at the same time! ARGH! lol

This is really yummy!  Can definitely see how the bacon and pinenuts will add to it.... will add that to the leftovers tomorrow!!!

ETA: I used pasta spirals instead of spaghetti and I cut the baby peppers I had and scraped the seeds out... don't know if I bought particularly hot baby peppers or if I'm not into hot hot food! Had chilli overkill in the worcestershire sauce I made so thought I'd play safe and take the seeds out this time!! Just as well I did because it was hot but still enjoyable. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:33:55 am by Snoozie »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 12:33:00 pm »
Quite Ok Snoozie, had to re-read you posting to see what you were apologising for.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:39 am »
Tried this recipe last night and agree it is fantastic. I used the recipe from A taste of Vegetarian book.  Only DH and myself for tea so I halved all the ingredients but kept the water basically the same and kept the cooking times the same.  Used a nice white wine from Lindemans to put in the sauce and also to have with the pasta.  Beautiful  :) :) :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 09:41:01 am »
Thought I'd bump this one for the newcomers as it is so quick to make and needs very few ingredients.  Just be careful with how much chilli you put in - I halved the recipe (3 serves in this house) and only used 1/2 a small chilli.  DH, who has suddenly decided he doesn't like parmesan cheese,  asked me what sort of cheese was in it.  Thought I was in trouble but quickly answered, 'pasta cheese' and yay, I got away with it.  No complaints.

Offline Bedidassi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:50:00 am »
I would never want to sound presumptuous but in Italy, with tmx, we actually cook the spaghetti already in the oil and garlic because in any other way you decide do process the pasta while the salsa cooks, the spaghetti, even for 3 minutes would became irreparably overcooked but, as you probably know,  we Italians are very fussy about overcooked pasta.
That's the way we do spaghetti aglio e olio: (for 4)
We put 3 garlic cloves into the bowl with dried chilly and (but not for the purists) some parsley: 5 sec. speed 6/7.
Then we pour 50 gr. of good olive oil and we cook for 5 min. 100' speed 1. We then add 750 gr. of water and we heat for 8/9 minutes 100' speed 1. At that point we  take away the lid and insert the spaghetti (whole) through the hole and then cook them for the time on the package at 100',  reverse, speed soft (I'm sorry I don't know how you call this speed in English, is the speed before 1)
Serve in a bowl with other 30 gr. of oil and a some grated (at the moment) Parmesan cheese  :-*
Again, not to want to teach anything to anybody but just to let you know how we do it.  :-*

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 10:28:50 am »
That is really great to know and you certainly don't sound presumptuous.  We love cooking tips and alternative ways of doing things.  :)

Offline Bedidassi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 03:48:24 pm »
Thank you for your words Chelsea. I was really afraid of being nosy over someone else post... :)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 08:44:30 pm »
Bedidassi, making suggestions and helping everyone out is how this forum works, so there's no need for you to apologise. 

You will see many alternatives posted for a lot of the recipes on the forum and that's what makes this such a great place to visit - everyone shares their ideas and suggestions, it is a case of what suits one person may not suit another and knowing how other people make a certain dish or the authentic way to cook dishes makes a huge difference and inspires us to try different ways of cooking the recipe.  Your ideas will always be appreciated.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bedidassi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:47 pm »
Bedidassi, making suggestions and helping everyone out is how this forum works, so there's no need for you to apologise. 

You will see many alternatives posted for a lot of the recipes on the forum and that's what makes this such a great place to visit - everyone shares their ideas and suggestions, it is a case of what suits one person may not suit another and knowing how other people make a certain dish or the authentic way to cook dishes makes a huge difference and inspires us to try different ways of cooking the recipe.  Your ideas will always be appreciated.

:-* :-* :-*

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »
Yum yum made this tonight, substituted sweet chilli sauce for the chilli because I didn't have any.  Just a couple small glues because I was feeding my little people.

I halved the recipe, still made heaps.

Also sautéed some diced bacon in a fry pan and added to the pasta

Yum yum yum have left overs for lunch tomorrow

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 12:58:01 pm »
Did you make it as Bedidassi suggested Suzie or did you follow the original method?

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 09:42:01 am »
Darn I didn't read through all the comments thoroughly, used the original method.

Will try the other way next time.

Had leftovers for lunch and every person in the lunch room hit me up for the recipe.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:19 am »
The original method is fine Suzie, I just wondered how the other one compares.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 09:41:18 am »
Made this for my tea tonight, I love this pasta.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 12:22:18 pm »
That's hilarious Judy, I put it on my menu plan to have it Sunday night.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/