Author Topic: Hi Everyone, Should I Buy Thermomix 3300?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline ozbuck

• View Profile
Hi Everyone, Should I Buy Thermomix 3300?
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:30:03 am »
Hi Guys,

Good to find another forum of people passionate about food

I've always heard good things about Thermomix but have never owned one.

I know a friend of a friend who is selling their second hand thermomix 3300 in a very good condition for around $100 and I'm wondering would you recommend that I buy it?

The model is from the 80's I think. Here are some photos of it: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=thermomix+3300&rlz=1C1CHKB_enNL503US505&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=v-ujUdf0Bau6iAejqYCoBg&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=705

Thanks very much and I look forward to all your feedback...

OzBuck

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone, Should I Buy Thermomix 3300?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:48 am »
Welcome ozbuck.
These are my personal opinions and others may disagree. Is there any chance you could purchase a TM. 31? 
I don't know much about the TM 33. Does it do reverse?  I know the TM 21 doesn't. Does the machine work well?  What sort of load can it work with? Does it have a knead function? Does it have scales?

If it has functions you will use and you are pleased with the way it works $100 is probably a fair price. Especially if there is no possibility of getting a TM 31.

Let us know what you decide. I would love to hear more about this model.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:05:19 am »
Mr Google tells me that this older one doesn't have all the features of the new version (TM31) - doesn't have the steamer trays (or varoma temp to take it over 100degrees, by the look of the pics), doesn't have the scales, and no reverse function, and the bowl/jug size is a bit smaller.

They must have been well made to still be going strong, and it would possibly still be good if you weren't bothered about those features.  Would still chop/blend/cook many things, so it depends whether the newer features are important to you.  If most of the appeal is chopping and cooking in one appliance, could still be worthwhile - and obviously a lot cheaper than buying a TM31. 

Good luck deciding!! 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:23:38 am »
Hi Ozbuck, welcome to the forum.  I think for $100 you can't go wrong as it would give you a chance to use it and work out if you like it or not.  If you love it but would like to be able to do a lot more then you could save for the latest model.  Isn't it great to see a model from the 80's still working well.  Hopefully this machine would come with a manual and recipe book so that your life would be made a lot easier than just trying to work it out yourself.  All the recipes on this forum are for the latest model so you may have to modify them slightly for this machine.  I'm sure your friend can give you a lot of help too if you do decide to buy it.  Good luck with your decision - at the end of the day $100 is very little to pay for a machine of this calibre.  People are paying more for the toy Thermomix.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 02:50:04 am »
$100 is not much, I would try it, and welcome :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url