Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860794 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39075 on: July 03, 2020, 07:37:35 am »
 No I don’t do my hair before the hairdresser. Other than combing etc of course. I’ve been going to the same hairdresser for over 20 years.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39076 on: July 03, 2020, 08:37:10 am »
I only wash mine if it’s due to be washed.  My hairdresser told me the last time I was there that I wash my hair too often so I bought a cream she had to rub through my hair every day and that certainly keeps it fresh and soft for longer.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39077 on: July 03, 2020, 08:47:07 am »
I’m curious. How often did you wash your hair please Judy.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #39078 on: July 03, 2020, 08:57:55 am »
I probably wash mine too much too but if I'm going out I just don't feel right if I've not washed and blow dried it first (even if going to the hair dressers).  A weird trait of mine.  :-))

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39079 on: July 03, 2020, 10:49:22 am »
We get into habits Julie but hair definitely looks better on the day we wash and blow it.

I used to wash my hair every second day cookie, not because it was oily, it just seemed to lose body if I left it any longer than that. It had become so dry and brittle, now it’s so soft.  Using the product, which you can apply to wet or dry hair, I probably wash it every 4 days now.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39080 on: July 04, 2020, 06:42:18 am »
I wash my hair every day - note wash NOT shampoo!  I can't remember the last time we had shampoo in the house; it's been years (DH doesn't use shampoo either).  The only time my hair gets shampooed is at the hairdresser (3 or 4 times a year).

When I first started this washing using just the water when I was in the shower / not shampooing routine, I felt my hair was horrible, lank, oily, etc and I was discouraged, but but before long it recovered from the effects of the chemicals in the shampoo which had been stripping it of it's natural oils etc. and I think it looks and feels great.  My scalp is also good - no dandruff, just the normal scalp doing what normal scalps do.

Maybe this isn't for everyone, and you have to be a bit brave to start out because you are a bit self-conscious - but it works for DH and myself.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39081 on: July 04, 2020, 08:46:02 am »
That’s interesting Marina.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39082 on: July 04, 2020, 11:49:36 am »
That is interesting Marina. Judy, like you my hair has changed as I’ve got older. I’m trying to think of a hair style change, but I don’t know what to do. I’ll have a chat with my hairdresser next week.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39083 on: July 04, 2020, 11:59:15 pm »
Also having noticed changes with hair as I have got older. Might give Marinas method a try.

Max of 9 here today.  Yesterday was Ral’s Birthday.  No party so we ordered Take Away fish, chips and salad , from a local Restaurant and ate them in the car by the lake.  Face Time call from Melbourne family and a distancing visit from Ballarat family.

Yesterday was the first day I have felt really stressed about the Coronavirus in Melbourne.  They are going to prevent thousands of people from leaving the high rise Public housing flats in Flemington and North Melbourne for 5 days while they test them.  These flats are small and cramped at best, but to be forced to stay in for 5 days is dreadful.  I don’t know what the solution might be. 

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #39084 on: July 05, 2020, 06:49:02 am »
Very interesting all the chat about hair. I decided last October that I wasn't colouring my hair. I liked to colour every 4 weeks as couldn't tolerate even a tiny bit of regrowth. Sometines I coloured it myself and would end up having to touch up the paint on the walls or door where I had splashed it. Last hair cut I nearly caved in and coloured .t but my hair dresser told me I lasted this long going cold turkey so stick with it. I normally would wash my hair every second day but now without colouring my hair isn't as dry but I try and use a dry shampoo on the 2nd day.

This past week at work has been very challenging in lots of ways. Thursday's shift was the straw that broke the camels back. I have since spoken with my manager and have cut back my shifts to 5 a fortenight. I will stick with these 5 shifts and not pick up any extras for now. 
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39085 on: July 05, 2020, 08:03:14 am »
Good idea Michele, it’s a very stressful time for everyone dealing with the Covid problem.

Chookie it’s a huge task ahead for the Victorian Premier and especially the police doing their job.  I imagine they will have many disgruntled residents to deal with over coming days but I hope this lockdown helps the situation over there.  Something had to be done with those numbers going through the roof on a daily basis.  I hope you both enjoyed Ral’s birthday lunch, that would have been a special treat for me seeing as I have to stay away from fish and chip shops now.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39086 on: July 05, 2020, 09:04:38 am »
Judy I love fish and chips. We probably have it once every 5 or 6 months.

Happy Birthday to Ral. I think it was a very pleasant way to celebrate.

The fact that the Covid 19 seems to have not really gone away worries me. I wonder if we can lock our borders down? However I would hate that if I had family over seas or similar. I would hate to be a person in charge. Here, our Premier is answerable to our Police Commissioner. Apparently here when a state of emergency was called the Police Commissioner becomes in charge.

Mich you have done a wise thing.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39087 on: July 05, 2020, 01:33:30 pm »
Michele, glad you are sensible and looking after yourself. 
We have had rain showers all day.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39088 on: July 05, 2020, 10:30:06 pm »
Chookie glad Ral had a nice birthday lunch , Happy Birthday to him.
It is scary re the lockdown for the towers , a nightmare that everyone wanted to avoid .
Michele well done for doing what is best for you .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39089 on: July 06, 2020, 12:22:52 am »
Well done on your stand with your job, Mich .. as you say it was just the last straw that broke the camel's back. 

Also your hair colouring.  I gave  up years ago - it was a losing battle; I am two tone grey / brown these days.  I remember the days back in the 70s and 80s when I used to get a perm - the chemicals were so strong my eyes would tear up, but still, I did it.  Now I just don't care.  My hair is what it is and that's that.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.