Author Topic: Lime and Coconut Friands  (Read 6680 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Lime and Coconut Friands
« on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:59 am »
I had egg whites left over from Chookies amazing Portuguese Custard Tarts, and limes that I had been given, so I found a recipe herehttp://www.thekua.com/rant/2007/05/lime-and-coconut-friands/ and converted it for my Thermo Chef. If making this in a Thermomix, just follow these instructions as they are the same as for a TC in this instance.
These friands are very tangy, so feel free to reduce the amount of lime in the recipe. I zapped the limes in the microwave for about 25 seconds in order to maximise the amount of juice.

Preheat oven to 180C

Ingredients:
150g almonds
300g raw sugar
Zest of 2 limes
125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons (15g) desiccated coconut

Place all of these in the bowl and blend on speed 10 for 10 seconds.

Set on the knead (Interval setting in Thermomix) setting and pour the following through the hole on the lid:
150ml egg whites ( 4 extra large egg whites)
Juice of 2 limes (approx 90ml)
125g melted butter

After approx 15 seconds, scrape down and process for another 15-20 seconds on the knead setting, or until combined.

Pour into a friand tin or a muffin tin (I lined my muffin tin with pattypan papers, but you could spray them with non stick spray instead)

Bake for 20- 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes in tin and them place on a cooling rack.

members' comments

Kimmyh - made these with lemons and they are lovely. Used half recipe and made 12 small patty sized cakes. Thanks ES.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:19:44 pm by judydawn »
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Lime and Coconut Friands
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:57:32 am »
There seems to be a hitch with the photo, and I can't seem to edit the post, so here goes again!

"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:40 am »
They look lovely.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 05:54:01 am »
bump for DeeDub
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 06:45:15 am »
Just made these with lemons and they are lovely. Used half recipe and made 12 small patty sized cakes. Thanks ES.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Lime and Coconut Friands
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:01:11 am »
they look delicious kimmy have to wait til mum and dad get back of their holiday no one else in my house other than me like lemon or lime::)