Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6154527 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12450 on: January 06, 2014, 10:37:53 pm »
What a beautiful spot BZB. thank you for the lovely photos.  Lovely to see these beautiful places around us. 

Astarra, those Jack jumpers give a nasty bite, they are every where. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: January 06, 2014, 11:47:27 pm »
Is that what we call bull ants?  I don't think ours jump though so maybe they are different.

BZB you are visiting some lovely places down there, thanks for sharing those beautiful photos with the rest of the world.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: January 07, 2014, 01:11:22 am »
Lovely photos BZB.  We loved our visit to the west, some years ago now tho.

I was  once bitten on the bum by a jack jumper and we won't go in to that happed.  It's not for publication. ;D

We have been out looking at cars for the last couple of days.  DH has decided it's time to upgrade from our old and trusty Nissan Patrol.  I had a drive in an automatic yesterday and it was not a good experience.  I have had a licence for over 50 years now and have always driven a manual.  The worse thing was the bl...dy car dealer came with us and made me even more nervous. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: January 07, 2014, 03:05:07 am »
Is that what we call bull ants?  I don't think ours jump though so maybe they are different.

BZB you are visiting some lovely places down there, thanks for sharing those beautiful photos with the rest of the world.

Found this for you JD...
"The jack jumper ant, hopper ant, jumper ant or jumping jack, Myrmecia pilosula, is a species of bull ant that is native to Australia. (Wikipedia)"  Horrible things.  >:(
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: January 07, 2014, 03:17:25 am »
Thanks astarra, I think ours is just the common bull ant - nasty bite on all of them though.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: January 07, 2014, 04:29:39 am »
shopping, I  bought heaps more summer clothes, for Mum and me too. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:12 am »
I have a Nissan Patrol mab19. I love it. Don't you hate it when the car dealer perches up there and glares as you try and drive a strange car. My parents had automatics and I did love driving them but still prefer my gears. What sort of car are you looking at getting?
Here it is with the van on the back.

I hope the poor little ant victim is feeling much better. I hadn't heard of them either.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: January 07, 2014, 07:32:55 am »
Beach hopping today. Started with Two Peoples Bay but the beach didn't look that inviting.

We hopped over to the nearby Little Beach. Wow!! Another Albany stunner.

The boys had fun playing in the waves :)

Picnic lunch at Emu Point beach, which has lovely shady trees

The boys could jump off the swimming pontoon into the shallow sea. Too cold for me though ;P

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: January 07, 2014, 07:41:11 am »
Lovely photos BZB.Oh look at that sunshine!
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #12459 on: January 07, 2014, 07:52:19 am »
Great day in a fantastic location BZB.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: January 07, 2014, 08:31:47 am »
Beautiful scenery BZB.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: January 07, 2014, 08:47:04 am »
Lovely BZB

MAB

Pay no attention to car salesman. They have no idea who is buying the car which is so stupid you have to play the game with them and that can give you endless fun. My DH's has always let me do the deal. He can' t be bothered and I have  always loved the challenge of dealing with some really stupid salesmen who want to defer to the MAN! MY Dh and I have always  worked the deal in Tandem and I have always closed it. Sometimes DH's get's to drive it away but he is not fussed on that either. He is not very interested in cars.

You will love that manual until you need to drive after a Knee or hip replacement then you will appreciate an automatic.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: January 07, 2014, 09:19:29 am »
I have a Nissan Patrol mab19. I love it. Don't you hate it when the car dealer perches up there and glares as you try and drive a strange car. My parents had automatics and I did love driving them but still prefer my gears. What sort of car are you looking at getting?
Here it is with the van on the back.

I hope the poor little ant victim is feeling much better. I hadn't heard of them either.

Cookie, that looks like us camped in the bush except our Patrol is white.

We have looked at Hyundais, 3 Holden Captiveas, a Kluga and tonight a Mitsubishi Challenger.  Will maybe take that for a test drive tomorrow.

As for the ant he met his demise. :)

Gert, one of the reasons for the change of car is because I am having trouble getting in and out.  The hips, back and knees are giving me trouble these days.

Regarding salesmen, I once told a salesman that it was me buying a new stove and please don't talk to my DH as it was me doing the cooking.  Went back some weeks later and bought a HWS and I don't think he even looked at DH. :D
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: January 07, 2014, 12:31:38 pm »
Mab, I have a Mitsubishi Challenger and love it. I'm tall (6'1") and can slide in and out with ease. (my knees and hips aren't the best either - so know what you mean).
Both my girls have loads of leg room in the back (they are both tall).
It also tows my horse float (2.5 tonne loaded) and all my horse gear fits in.
It fits my  shopping in with ease, (I always have a large esky in the back for cold stuff)
Fuel economy is about 10 litres/100km around town, a little less on a long run, fully loaded and towing it gets a bit scary - up around 17-20 litres/100 km. (But I am still happy with that)
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I am like one of those people advertising Mitsubishis..."Love That Car"  ;D

I walked out of one car sales yard when the salesman wouldn't take my questions seriously when I was asking him about towing, fuel economy, technical stuff I wanted to know etc. I asked the questions and he would look at hubby and ignore me. I said to him it was going to be my car, my money and if he couldn't take my questions seriously then I was walking.
He laughed.
I walked.
Hubby said "you shoulda listened mate - you just lost a bloody good sale, she was gonna buy that car today".

Needless to say the feedback I gave them was not very positive and I bought elsewhere. (The winning car yard drove the car to my house - 30 minutes away - so that I could test drive it around here with my kids in the back. I put saddles in it, my esky in it, asked the guy a gazillion questions and he answered every single one. I tried everything there was to try. Drove the guy insane I think! But I told him I'd be down tomorrow and place the order - and I was. He got some very positive feedback and if I buy another car it will be from that salesman again!)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:27 pm »
Salesmen beware - do not mess with Nikkit LOL.  Good on you, us women should be taken more seriously.