Author Topic: Baked Key Lime Pie  (Read 5428 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Baked Key Lime Pie
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:14:06 pm »
Baked Key Lime Pie

Ingredients:
4 limes

100g butter, melted
200g Granita biscuit
25g almond meal
1tbs caster sugar

4 eggs
395g can condensed milk
160g cream

Method:

Preheat oven to 180o, line 23cm springform tin with baking paper

Peel lime, put in  *:, speed 8 for 4 sec, set aside.  Juice the lime, set aside.

Put Granita on the  *:, speed 8 for 8 sec.  Add  almond meal, sugar, melted butter - speed 5 for 4 sec.  Press mixture firmly to the base of springform.  Refrigerate.

Insert butterfly, put eggs on the  *: = speed 4, 4 sec.  Add condensed milk, cream, lime rind, lime juice - speed 3, 5 sec.

Pour into biscuit crust and bake for 45 min.  Cool, serve with extra lime slices.

Adapted from www.taste.com.au
On photo you can see there is crumble on top, as when transferring to plate, some of the crust come off.  Decided to crumb it on the top.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:27:07 pm by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Baked Key Lime Pie
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:12:11 pm »
I have never had a piece of Key Lime Pie Denzelmum, guess the tartness of the limes is counteracted by the other ingredients?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:55 pm »
The lime is not very dominant in this pie, I guess it cut off the sweetness from condensed milk.  Lots of crust, original recipe suggest to use it for the base and side, but I use the whole lot for the base.  Happy Mother's Day JD! 
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 12:46:44 am »
Thanks Denzelmum, must try this one - haven't seen too many cheesecakes with condensed milk in them actually baked so it intrigued me.  Have a lovely day yourself.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.