Author Topic: Chocolate Covered Ricotta Tart (with photo)  (Read 4396 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Chocolate Covered Ricotta Tart (with photo)
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:10:09 am »
I made this tart for my birthday
So updated the recipe with new photos and a few modifications..

I hope you enjoy.

Chocolate Covered Ricotta Tart

Tart Base

250g flour
150g sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
120g butter at room temperature, cubed
1 bag of vanillin sugar 3-5g
1 bag of baking powder 10-12g

Ricotta filling
100g blanched almonds
150g sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
300g ricotta

150g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
20g whole milk

Note: I used 20 grams of Vanilla sugar for both tart base and ricotta filling. So I reduced the amount of the sugar in the recipe accordingly.

Tart Base:

* Place all the ingredients in TM Bowl and mix for 15 - 20 seconds on Speed 5.
    * Cut a piece of baking paker due to size of a 26 or 28 cm tart pan. It should be large enough to cover also the sides of the pan.
    * Roll out tart base with a rolling pin over the baking paper. Transfer the base carefully into tart pan.

Ricotta filling

* Grind almonds for 10 seconds on Speed 7 and spread over tart base
    * Mix sugar and eggs for 1 minute on Speed 4
    * Add ricotta and mix for 2 minutes on Speed 3-4
    * Spread ricotta filling over the almond mixture.
    * Fold exceeding parts over the base. Brush with a little milk. Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 35 - 40 minutes
    * Let it cool at room temperature.

* Grind chocolate for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Add milk and cook for 3 minutes at 70ºC on Speed 3
    * Spread it over the ricotta tart by a spatula. Decorate as you wish.

Afiyet olsun...

It's recommended to let it rest in the fridge at least for 3 hours. I usually prepare such tarts very early morning or the day before.

Calorie Calculation: If you say the less we know the better then skip this note! ;)

Let me write for curious ones: According to the book 100g of this tart is 321 kcal and if we consider it as a 12 portions tart this would leave us with 379 kcal per portion. Bon appétit ;)

Thanks to Serenella for sharing this recipe with us. She got the recipe from the book named Bimby - Torte e Biscotti

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2011/03/chocolate-covered-ricotta-tart.html

members' comments

pumpkin pie -  When I made this tart my chocolate topping didn't turn out quite as smooth as yours, I used 70% cocoa chocolate which may have made the difference and I just felt that something was missing in the ricotta filling, maybe some almond essence to bring out the ground almonds that are on the base.  However, without that it was still a lovely tart and will be making it again, and trying the changes.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Covered Ricotta Tart (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:31:39 am »
That looks nice farfallina.  For those of us who don't have 'bags' of vanillin sugar & baking powder, perhaps you could tell us in teaspoons or weight to make life easier this side of the world  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:06:59 am »

I always forget to mention, don't I judy?  ;)
Thanks God I have you!   :-* :-*

1 bag of vanillin sugar is around 3-5g (depending on the brand)
1 bag of baking powder is around 10-12g (depending on the brand)

There are also bags which has both vanillin and baking powder and they are around 15-16g

I don't know about tsp but I believe you can use the amounts you usually use to make cakes or tarts.
If that is 1 tsp, then it would be OK that much. If that is 2tsps then make it 2. You'd know better since I never used the way you did.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:21:35 am »
Thanks farfallina, that gives us a bit of an idea. Here a bag of anything is usually pretty big  ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »
Hi Farfallina, I made this tart today,  My chocolate topping didn't turn out quite as smooth as yours, I used 70% cocoa chocolate, which may have made the difference and I just felt that something was missing in the ricotta filling, maybe some almond essence to bring out the ground almonds that are on the base.  However, without that it was still a lovely tart and will be making it again, and trying the changes.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:03 am »
hi pumpkin pie
Sorry for my late reply, I was away
Well.. the recipe is from Bimby Torte e Biscotti book which is an Italian Thermomix book
I haven't made this one myself, Serenella, my sister in law made it. So I don't know how  it was exactly
I let you know when I try it myself
You can post your improvements as well
Thanks for feedback  :-*