Author Topic: Lost Members?  (Read 36017 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Lost Members?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »
Yes, I've often thought of and looked for several members who are no longer active - it's sad to see regular members no longer posting.  I know it's terribly nosy, but I would love to know what has happened to them.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 01:12:18 am »
When you look at the names quite a few people have never posted and have been members for over 12 months.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 05:26:48 am »
I guess a lot of people just lurk and grab recipes. It's a shame they can't contribute.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 10:48:30 am »
I find I don't contribute all that much because there are so many wonderful people saying it all for me. Also, as I am no good at "experimenting" I tend to follow existing recipes rather than coming up with something new. Boring, I know, but I do really appreciate all the wonderful posts.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 10:55:30 am »
Jenny, you contribute to this forum by asking questions and commenting on recipes you have tried - that's what this forum is all about.  You are doing your bit so don't class yourself as boring.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 10:58:44 am »
Jenny, you contribute to this forum by asking questions and commenting on recipes you have tried - that's what this forum is all about.  You are doing your bit so don't class yourself as boring.
Ditto  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:58 am »
Thanks guys. I do feel however that it would be nice to return the favor and post a nice recipe for you all. Maybe one day!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 11:10:22 am »
Commenting here is plenty. We love to hear from you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »
I find I don't contribute all that much because there are so many wonderful people saying it all for me. Also, as I am no good at "experimenting" I tend to follow existing recipes rather than coming up with something new. Boring, I know, but I do really appreciate all the wonderful posts.

Those words exactly describe me as well.  However this forum needs and thrives on all types of members, if we all contributed recipes but no one commented on those recipes we wouldn't know what's good or bad about them or how we could tweak them to get great variations (or, at times, not so great variations).  I know I rely entirely on the forum recipes and on all the subsequent comments left by those who are better at cooking and testing recipes than I am.  I do feel guilty that I can't add anything re. new and exciting recipes, but accept that that is just me and there are others who constantly add to the recipe bank so perhaps that evens out the scales somewhat.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 10:27:11 pm »
Thanks guys. I really do appreciate the recipes and the comments. I don't think I would have been as happy with the TMX if it wasn't for this forum.

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »
i love this forum, i am a younger more inexperienced cook so dont feel i have as much to offer as you lovely experienced cooks. i comment on things when i can but mainly come in and have a quick browse when i get a few spare minutes, it is a part of my day and i couldnt go through a day without popping in and catching up on everything
Emma from Victoria

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 01:23:07 am »
I don't really get time to try new recipes but love using the ones n here and commenting whenever I can. I love that there are so many people willing to contribute and share in so many different ways. Maybe one day I'll have more time at home to experiment and then will be able to contribute more.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 01:41:39 pm »
When I started this thread, I wasn't criticising people for not contributing recipes and ideas! I meant contributing comments, questions, feedback etc etc. :-[

Just nice to hear when people have tried something and how it went for them. You don't have to be an experienced cook or anything like that to contribute to the forum; there are many ways to contribute.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 01:46:42 pm »
i totally agree with you MJ on there are many ways to contribute. ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Shinyknight

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 01:01:27 am »
Well, after reading this topic, was guilted into posting for the first time!  I've Thermie and lurked, and tried and lurked some more since December 2010, but have never posted, like PP's I don't feel like I've got anything of value to contribute, but never thought of how it would be perceived by others!!

Haven't made a NY resolution, but maybe it should be to become an active contributor to this wonderful forum!

Cheers

Amanda