Author Topic: Dishwasher advise please??  (Read 14754 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Dishwasher advise please??
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:46:25 am »
Hello all...
well, I have a problem in my kitchen - my dishdrawers have died. :(
DH pulled it apart today to see if he could fix it and what he found was rather scarey - would have only been a matter of time before we could have had a fire (and TM lives just above the dishwasher - we can't have him hurt!!  ;) )
So... now what??
I loved my dishdrawers apart from the fact they never dried properly and we have had minor things go wrong with them off and on the whole time we have lived here - so have decided to go for a dishwasher rather than drawers.
Budget of approx $1100, but dunno what.  ???

Tried to look on Choice reviews but couldn't see the results as we have not subscribed and were not sure if it would be worth the money to do so?

TIA  :-* 
:D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Dishwasher advise please??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:08:56 am »
I have a bosh and have been impressed with it. You need to go for the expensive Bosh that is made in Germany though and not the cheaper ones. I only wish that I had spent the extra couple of hundred and got one with the cutlery drawer  :-\ :-\

Good luck Astarra it is one of the hardest choices to make as there are so many to choose from and also the price range is huge  :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

mcmich

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:40:55 am »
Apparently F&P drawers aren't very reliable (much to the annoyance of my kiwi DH). We have a regular F&P dishwasher and it is brilliant, washes and dries the dishes well.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:58:39 am »
When my F & P drawer model died, I bought a Miele, love it to bits.  I'd spent enough fixing the F & P several times and had had enough.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 08:02:51 am »
I have had Asko for many years with no problems and love it. My first one lasted over 13 years so when that died I bought another one but agree with faffa that you need to spend a bit more and buy a good one.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:07:42 am »
Thanx, there are so many options.  ???  We really liked the look and feel of the base Meile model which is on special ATM for $899 - but know nothing about them  :-[

Michele - maybe that is why I loved my dish drawers, just cuz of the kiwi factor!  ;)

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23:46 am »
We brought an Asko about 12 months ago and I LOVE it.  It washes and dries really well. We just brought the base model which I think at the time was $899.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:27:39 am »
We have a Miele with a cutlery draw in the top and it's great. We've had it about 6 years and apart from our plumber having troubles installing it we've never had any problems.

Forgot to add try the library for choice, in the past I've been able to review the articles at the library without the need to subscribe to choice.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:29:39 am by Wonder »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 08:33:30 am »
We have a Miele with a cutlery draw in the top and it's great. We've had it about 6 years and apart from our plumber having troubles installing it we've never had any problems.

Forgot to add try the library for choice, in the past I've been able to review the articles at the library without the need to subscribe to choice.

Now that's thinking - thanx, I will try the library.  8)

mcmich

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34:16 am »
Michele - maybe that is why I loved my dish drawers, just cuz of the kiwi factor!  ;)

Yep, that would have been it  ;D. Consider the Asko - I have had one but found it difficult to service on the Central Coast.
Love my F&P dishwasher as it washers and dries really well.  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 08:52:38 am »
Whatever you do do not buy an Ariston. I like my Bosch which is quiet. It is the basic model because  we cannot have anything  with a computer board due to geckos eating it. Just a simple dial.  With your family I would want something with a bigger capacity and a fast cycle.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:16:41 am »
I've had a Miele dishwasher for 18 years and it's just about at the end of its life ( getting noisy) but until it does give up, I just keep loading it.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 09:19:44 am »
Whatever you do do not buy an Ariston. I like my Bosch which is quiet. It is the basic model because  we cannot have anything  with a computer board due to geckos eating it. Just a simple dial.  With your family I would want something with a bigger capacity and a fast cycle.

Gert

I have a ariston, why wouldn't you buy one Gert? I have never had any mechanical problems, it been a great machine had it for nearly 10 years, but the shelves have started to rusted under the plastic coating and the cutlery container is broken. I'll need to either replace the shelves or buy a new machine.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 09:31:18 am »
Trouble from day one Jeninwa . Under warranty I had the  service man out frequently. I Eventually gave it away while still under warranty giving my  service guy's number. I had all Ariston products in my house. I replaced the oven and would dearly love to replace the  hob . Utter crap in my opinion . Nothing but expensive trouble . Service men have nothing good to say about them.  Could be the climate as they are a European design not suites to tropical climate.

The oven was so noisy it drove me to drink ......or maybe it was DH.....not sure.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 09:47:46 am »
Miele here, love it :)
Mum to Crown Prince......