Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036405 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1470 on: July 31, 2012, 06:25:53 am »
That was probably a useless post wasn't it  :)

Not at all Suzanne, it gives me somewhere to start :)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 31, 2012, 06:26:52 am »
Ouch Amy, hope your knees heel quickly.  Looks painful   :(

Judy, your grandson looks so cute.  

Marie

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 31, 2012, 06:29:46 am »
Amy you probably have carpet burns. They are very painful. I would leave  them open but I am not a medial person. I do know that you can have 8 panadol in a 24 hour period though. 2 every 4 hours.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 31, 2012, 06:36:13 am »
Thanks Marie :)

Amy you probably have carpet burns. They are very painful. I would leave  them open but I am not a medial person. I do know that you can have 8 panadol in a 24 hour period though. 2 every 4 hours.

Cookie, I did have them open but they were oozing stuff everywhere and it was dribbling down and staining my socks :-[ Yucky. Thanks for the tip about the panadol, I think I can probably take another couple soon :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:38 am »
Amy you poor thing, they look terrible. No advice from me absolutely useless when it comes to anything medical.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:07 am »
Amy that looks sore, breathable bandage is good.

I am feeling better, my neck was out, so I can move again now.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 31, 2012, 07:29:46 am »
They look and are painful wounds.

There are several schools of thought at least on how to treat  these type wounds  which are burn like trauma.

One is the make sure they are clean .  If there is dirt or gravel then ( you won't like this) soak in soft soap like LUX flakes and debride  with a rough wash cloth. That really hurts but works. In any case yours are not dirty. Still I would get in the bath and use. Wash cloth to make sure all the dead skin is off and you have a clean wound which bleeds freely. Then dry completely. 

Next is to get some gelnet  type of dressing from the chemist. These sheets are quite expensive but you can get the biggest size and cut into wound size and shape with a very clean scissors.  Keep the packaging and keep the leftover gelnet inside to stay moist. Put it in a sealed Baggie. I want you to look after it because it is soooo expensive.

Ok after applying the gelnet to your wounds and they will,stick to your skin with no problem then put over it some gauze squares also from the chemist. Wrap your knees up in  10 cm crepe bandages and LEAVE THEM ON.  You an re wrap them and wash the bandages but don't keep messing with the gelnet.  Every other day or two  you can repeat with clean gelnet.

Wounds heal from the bottom up and sides to centre. If you have a deep pocket  you must  clean out these holes as above to keep them from forming a scab over the top.  If they bleed that is good.

Always always wash your hands and nails thoroughly before you touch your wounds.

If you go to the doctor do not let him or her dress the wounds. They are notorious for not doing it right. Get the practice nurse to do it. But you will be better off doing it yourself. If you See any kind of infection you will need antibiotics. Anything greenish or pussy like or you feel heat coming from the area.

Do not put any powder type crap on it.

Other way .

Wash the wound in salty warm water. Then pour peroxide onto wounds. They fill fizz up. Wipe clean with soft CLEAN washer and leave open.  Keep doing this and removing all the exudate  at least twice a day .

I think the first will be better for you.

Eat  a  high protein diet .

Whenever you are treating them make sure you have a clean area to work in . Like put down a clean towel,every time and WASH YOUR HANDS. Wash your scissors before cutting gelnet. 

Now Mcmich may have a newer  or more up to date method. 

I won't tell you how we treat such wounds in the operating theatre as you would scream.

The gelnet dressing will help ease the pain but take the paracetamol. Get the chemist own brand which is a very cheap compared to the brand Panadol and is the same thing. You can get 100 for about $ 2.50

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 31, 2012, 07:33:08 am »
Ouch amy... Must have been some fall... I would put either betadine or mercurochrome typecstuff on it to discinfect and help dry it out and if necessary dress it with something breathable but wold wait for medical advice for best way .. Think the key is cleaning and discinfecting things like that.. Weeping isnt good 😒

Lol gert posted while i was typing..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 31, 2012, 07:36:14 am »
Hi Frozzie, how are you going...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline KathD11

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 31, 2012, 07:39:42 am »
That looks seriously ouch!! I'm not a medical expert but with my babies if they are in pain I can alternate Paracetamol and ibuprofen I.e. give one dose of Panadol then 3 hrs after the dose of Panadol give nurofen then 3hrs after that Panadol again. Hope that makes sense? My point is, if you have reached your limit on Panadol you could possibly take nurofen

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 31, 2012, 07:43:43 am »
Hi robyn ...Good.. Tired.. Went to ed after 3 and got woken just before 8 by a moving truck across the road grrr.. House visits happening since we got back and another today which is promissibg but im not holding my breath and thesepeople have he cash apparently as they have alrady sold their house and are currently renting.. Just need them to fall in love with the house lol.. Boxes still not here but should be delivered next week so i can start packing main stuff and preparing my parents and brothervplus gf visiting in 2 weeks ahh .. Time is flying.. Trying to breath
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 31, 2012, 07:54:53 am »
Gert, thank you so much, I have written down several things from your post and will go to the chemist ASAP. My knees do feel a bit hot and they were itchy earlier. They are throbbing too but maybe these bandages are too tight. I will take them off and do what you said. Thanks again Gert, I really appreciate it :) And I appreciate you not telling me about the operating theatre ;)

Thanks everyone else too, and yes, they are very extremely ouch :P

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 31, 2012, 08:03:37 am »
Ouch Amy - hope they heal real quick.  :)

gorgeous GS, Judy.  :)
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 31, 2012, 08:10:13 am »
Thanks Astarra :)

I'm sorry Judy, I was so caught up about my knees that I didn't mention what a lovely GS you have. He is a gorgeous looking young boy :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 31, 2012, 08:12:50 am »
just goes to back up my theory how lounge lizards are probably a lot better off in the long run ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand