Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035948 times)

stacelee

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2012, 05:13:28 am »
I've been posting on the forum and avoiding my work :(....I'll pay for it when I get home and feel guilty and start madly working.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2012, 05:18:13 am »
I've been posting on the forum and avoiding my work :(....I'll pay for it when I get home and feel guilty and start madly working.

I can say the exact same thing about my study... :-))

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2012, 06:00:24 am »
Playgroup this morning.  Always a mad dash out the door, but given I've got the keys to the hall I have to be on time.  Dinner is now in the slow cooker, smells yum.  Having a quiet afternoon, have spent the last two nights up with my little man, so not much sleep at all in this house.  I wish his teeth would just come through.  Poor little thing.

Need to get so info together for the accountant so we can finalise the tax for this year. 

I think that is all I'm capable of doing today.  Hopefully it will be a calmer night tonight.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2012, 06:28:40 am »
Playgroup for us this morning too, just miss3 and self as miss17mths is...teething :-)) and has a temp today, very miserable, poor thing. So MIL looked after her so miss 3 could still go. Then home and found my pie maker and an Annabel Karmel recipe book (both ebay purchases) had been delivered so I unpacked them and suddenly had the urge to make pies!! So we had bacon and egg pies for lunch, and I have just made another batch for Miss5 to have when she gets home from school on this cold wintery wet day... yum! I also have meat and gravy for tea in the slow cooker, rest of tea on automatic in the oven, so don't have to think about that til dishing up time. Hoping my girls will now go to sleep as I would love to snuggle down under some nice warm covers and read my new recipe book - OR have a wee snooze to give me the energy to get thru tonight - hopefully better than last night! I feel for you, Keiramax!! Hope you have a better night! :)
:D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2012, 07:33:34 pm »
Walked the dog very early.Then went to my weekly upholstery class today and so avoided the power cut that happened while I was out.DH ran his new generator all day so he could work.Got home at 5.15pm and the power had just been renewed.Got the water people arriving tomorrow to video our sewer that keeps blocking :o Lets hope the problem is easily fixed.All go in this household :D :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:35:54 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »
Bit of this and that around the house, sharpened knves, put theback on abookcase, and a lot of ironing while watching the racing at Ascot on the TV this afternoon.
Made 2 lots of Isi's Portugese rolls, one with seeds, one without.

Supper with young, got car back from garage, moved pony from one bare field to another and even did a small bit of gardening, but don't tell Gert.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »
Looks like I'll be calling Miele again today.  My washing machine has decided not to go into rinse cycle now.  I'm about ready to toss it and buy a Bosch.  I've had the serviceman out three times in the last month and it only worked for 5 days  >:(
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »
Oh merrilyn that's awful and mieles ares so much more expensive and supposed to last 20 years.

Good luck.

Our last Bosch was broken totally by a friends of DS's who had too much to drink, was very ill and put every single  bath mat and towell from the bathroom in machine at once, end of machine. The weight was incredible.

Current one ok at present. had a hiccough couple of wks ago, can't now remember what but I fixed it anyway.

I always pick so carefully the model, but at time of incident had leg in plaster and could only choose via Internet. I don't think you can beat looking at them and checking out programmes carefully after all they last a few years.
I've had 2 zanussi, and 3 Bosch in 32 years. I am sure the other Bosch would have lasted longer but for this incident.

I always tell hubby the right domestic machine is as important to me as a combine is to him.

stacelee

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:11 pm »
I dumped Bosch after two in a row died within 4 years.  I currently have an LG that is so far behaving beautifully even tho my son feeds it guitar picks on a regular basis. I swear I check his pockets!

I'm working from home today so hopefully I can get on top of some housework and keep working on the website.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2012, 12:11:26 am »
Buy a Kleenmaid, industrial, lasts 20 years...that's what I bought a couple of months ago..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2012, 01:34:24 am »
Jess, love that you say 'hiccough' instead of 'hiccup'. That's what my English grandmother used to say, brings back memories!
Today I'm working from home - very boring, staring at a computer all day..... so I'll probably be on here all day as well!
Sneaking out to get my hair cut at lunch time.
Melbourne, inner north

stacelee

« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2012, 01:39:09 am »
Deedub,

Im also working from home....I'm actually still in my jammies (how bad is that!) but I'm actually achieving today.  Was going to go to the butchers but I'm running out of inspiration.  I'm tucked up at my husbands desk (mine has my old laptop on it backing up) and I've got a netflix marathon of drop dead diva running and a large cup of earl grey tea....and the phone is NOT ringing.  Its a good day!

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 01:56:33 am »
Don't you love working in your PJ's? Unfortunately I had to walk the kids to school so I'm all dressed. Feeling no motivation to do any actual work today - but people keep pinging me (we use instant messaging) expecting me to do stuff! How rude!
Melbourne, inner north

stacelee

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2012, 02:08:47 am »
We use instant messenger as well although I sometimes accidentally forget to sign in....unfortunately it usually isn't too long before I get a phone call reminding me to do it.  My feral fairy has discovered that she can get around the firewall at school and sign into her messenger account so if it isn't work bugging me it is her.  Its actually one of the reasons she got to stay home yesterday....she drove me batty on Tuesday with her messages about how bored and tired she was.  Strangely enough I didn't hear from her at all yesterday until 5.30 when she wanted to know when I was coming home to feed her!  She obviously hasn't turned her computer on at school yet because it has been very quiet today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2012, 02:35:51 am »
I'm still in my pj's and it is after 11am here  :-))  I have bread rising, the dishwashing is doing a load, the beds are unmade waiting for the sheets to be changed.  I told DH I wanted to stay in bed all day today (raining) and he asked me if I had had a bad night - no, I just want to stay in bed all day.  Can't happen here though so next best thing is to stay in pj's for as long as I can.  No-one is going to visit whilst it's raining and I don't need to go anywhere. Slack but that's just how I feel at the moment.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.