Author Topic: Dairy-free Blender Batter Muffins (with photo)  (Read 23319 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: Dairy-free Blender Batter Muffins (with photo)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 01:45:18 pm »
How much rye grain did you use Jo? 50%?

No, it was more like 25% - worked fine, but I used a little less honey (because of the sweetness of the bananas) and they probably could have used a bit more liquid, like you did with yours, as they were a tiny bit dry.  (That's another reason I like the berry ones - makes them nice and moist!)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline ~Trish~

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »
I'm hoping I haven't stuffed these muffins lol. I didn't have spelt grain nor spelt flour but I had barley grain so reduced the amount to 270grams of that, Used a little extra water and got a lovely thick batter. Do you think using the barley will differ the taste too much?

I'm planning on using blueberries once the mix has soaked overnight and will be ooober keen to see how they look :)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:14 am »
How'd they go, Trish?? Barley should be fine.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 10:08:31 pm »
Making this with 300g medium grain rice instead of spelt, and add some frozen blueberry.  Baking in the oven now....
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:45 pm »
turn out beautiful  :D :D :D :D
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.