Author Topic: Disapointed with my Thermo  (Read 24866 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: Disapointed with my Thermo
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 09:11:10 am »
Yay!  Glad to hear you're feeling more inspired - sounds like you had a much better week!!  ;D
Don't worry, when I first made mashed potatoes I cut them too big, and probably mixed them too fast with the butterfly (can't remember) and bent the butterfly!!  :-))
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 09:58:02 am »
Hooray!!!  So happy to hear you are having some success.  I remember when I first bought my machine I overprocessed everything and ended up with mush (in a variety of different flavours ;)).  It is such a different way of cooking that it takes a little while to adjust too.  Once you find a few more main meals that get the tick of approval you won't look back. :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 11:33:00 am »
Don't give up wapred......perseverance does pay off  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 12:15:39 pm »
Great news wapred, I love hearing about what people have been making in their TM, whether good or bad.Like Chelsea, I overprocessed everthing when I first had my TM, made some interesting soups :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 12:20:45 pm »
I love soup......................................... ;D

Glad to hear is is going better for you.

Offline pinkscrapbooker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »
We had our best soup yet the other night, even thoughit came about because of a stuff up. Made the buritos from the meat on the menu cookbook, and started out halving the recipe as i only had one can of beans. Got distracted by children, and added the full quantity of water. The 'sauce' was soup texture, so I then added a tin of baked beans- still too thin so I added the chicken to the soup and turned the burittos into casa dia and served them on the side. My husband commented on what a great soup i had made- very flavoursome! I was glad my disaster worked out ok.  ;D good to hear you have had some successes wapred!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 12:03:42 am »
That's whats forum member Bron always told us to do in the early days - turn savoury mess ups into soup and desserts into ice-cream.  I think more disasters are caused through either over processing,  lack of reading or reading incorrectly than perhaps the recipe being incorrect.  I usually make a note down the side of 1/2 quantities otherwise I am likely to do exactly the same as you pinkscrapbooker. You only need to be distracted, as you now know.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 12:37:40 am »
In the early days though (before the book was reprinted) if you carefully followed almost any of the EDC savoury recipes you would end up with mush. Thankfully now they have revised their processing times.  :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 02:08:12 am »
Try the beef stroganoff with either chicken or beef in the EDC cookbook cook in the morning or the day before and heat up as desired our family favourite serve with pasta

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 02:15:02 am »
This is such good news wapred!! I was feeling really depressed for you - it made me write to all my customers to see how they were going. Good on ya for finding confidence in yourself and the TMX!  :-* :-*
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:32:02 am by Nay-nay »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 05:11:16 am »
warpred,  glad you have come through OK.  We all make mistakes when we first got our machines,  my chooks ate very well for a couple of days.  I didn't even have an excuse of working or kids,  so you are doing really well.  I still don't cook a lot of main meals in the TMX,  but when I do I am surprised at how good it is. 

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 06:53:07 am »
I'm so pleased that you've had some success wapred. We all have failures from time to time, but they are usually well balanced with wonderfully delicious successes!

Do check out the main meals section and make sure you look at the Recipe Book Reviews section. Good luck for your continued triumphs!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 04:24:47 am »
Glad to hear you are having some successes now.  Keep at it and concentrate on family faves
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 11:41:25 pm »
Yes, great news Warpred. Look forward to hearing more from you as you have time.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 10:17:07 am »
Hi there. I stuffed up my Hollandaise sauce completely the first time. Also, the first time I made  mashed potatoes I used Dutch cream potatoes and when I was supposed to put the butterfly in I found everything was one big mash anyway. I just found it is a big learning curve at the start and I am at the point now where I have  only had my thermie for about 6 weeks but I couldn't live without it. I actually find it exciting to try to modify old favourite recipes but if you muck them up at least you pretty much know they will taste great but may not look perfect!! after the first few tries I thought I had made a huge mistake by buying a thermie but I honestly can say that this the best kitchen appliance I have ever owned. Keep persisting! 
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein