Author Topic: unsuccessful with cakes in TMx  (Read 12094 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: unsuccessful with cakes in TMx
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 02:18:46 am »
jflim maybe try this sponge recipe - I have tried this recipe with great results  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 07:23:33 am »
Yes JD, friends keep bringing eggs so I'll make them a cake. Would be great if I could convince them that they needed a THX. Am working on that though.

I am really getting worried though, haven't had a failure with anything yet. Used lots of forum recipes, recipes from EDC and Indian.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline jflim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:16 pm »
Thank you everyone. I shall try out your suggestions next week. Will be busy baking for orders this week.
But I do agree with some that the mixer is better when mixing batter and removing. But i shall keep an open mind. ;)
A full time nanny who prefers cooking from scratch, usually cooks with whatever's within reach, bad at measurements but good at fixing & trying to manage 3 blogs when time permits ;) Do drop in when you can...... :)
http://www.blogger.com/profile/15640963317739722936

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 09:56:39 am »
Will be busy baking for orders this week.

Do you sell your cakes jflim?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 10:30:59 am »
I used to use a kenwood mix master to make cakes.  Every cake and muffin that I have made in TM  is light and fluffy - a great sucess, i can't imagen using anything else to make my cakes or muffins.
I usually make an old faithfull with cream http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4426.0 I have to admit I have never made any of the cakes in the cook book, they never really appealed to me.

Offline jflim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 01:49:48 pm »
Will be busy baking for orders this week.

Do you sell your cakes jflim?

Hello meganjane,
Yes I do sell my cakes whenever there are orders by word of mouth. Smiley
Hello berringamababe,
Thank you. Will try it out once I get my oven checked and fixed. It's been ruining some of my recent cakes, sigh...Smiley
A full time nanny who prefers cooking from scratch, usually cooks with whatever's within reach, bad at measurements but good at fixing & trying to manage 3 blogs when time permits ;) Do drop in when you can...... :)
http://www.blogger.com/profile/15640963317739722936