Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478342 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10305 on: October 25, 2013, 09:17:08 pm »
My DH bought me a chicken.

It dances around to (the  chicken dance music), then you choke it. So Funny
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: October 26, 2013, 04:15:58 am »
Cute Obbie.

I returned the not working ice cream maker and went to The Good Guys and got a reasonable price on a new one. So far DD has made frozen Piņa Colada and we are deciding what next.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: October 26, 2013, 05:46:08 am »
Good news Wonder.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: October 26, 2013, 07:04:10 am »
That's a shame about the first machine Wonder, but glad you are sorted.

I just ordered the new Ladies, A Plate book - Jams and Preserves (this one). 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: October 26, 2013, 07:40:34 am »
Thanks for the address Wonder. I'm glad you're sorted now with the new machine.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: October 26, 2013, 08:25:44 am »
Good news you have a new machine Wonder ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: October 26, 2013, 09:02:31 am »
Mrsb there is also one in huntingdale at 261 Huntingdale road.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: October 26, 2013, 10:04:16 am »
I'm glad you finally got to make some ice-cream Wonder.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: October 27, 2013, 11:35:32 am »
My girlfriend and I have bought Zoku pops for each others kids for Xmas. We bought the single ones because it's a better deal than buying a triple. You get one tool for each and more sticks. We also ordered the chocolate stations. Should keep the kids busy over the holidays.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: October 27, 2013, 11:42:10 am »
That's a good idea Debbie. You might also find that they freeze more quickly or that you can freeze more in between freezes if that makes sense. With the three pop maker, you can make up to 9 pops before having to put it back in the freezer (so with each single you could make 3 -or maybe more?- pops before putting it in the freezer). I've not had much success with multiple pops (because I usually choose milk based ones), but apparently water/juice ones work well with multiple uses.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: October 27, 2013, 11:42:22 am »
My girlfriend and I have bought Zoku pops for each others kids for Xmas. We bought the single ones because it's a better deal than buying a triple. You get one tool for each and more sticks. We also ordered the chocolate stations. Should keep the kids busy over the holidays.

That's a good idea for Christmas Debbiebillg. I wanted to buy some today but I don't have any children!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: October 27, 2013, 11:59:52 am »
That's a good idea Debbie. You might also find that they freeze more quickly or that you can freeze more in between freezes if that makes sense. With the three pop maker, you can make up to 9 pops before having to put it back in the freezer (so with each single you could make 3 -or maybe more?- pops before putting it in the freezer). I've not had much success with multiple pops (because I usually choose milk based ones), but apparently water/juice ones work well with multiple uses.

I hadn't thought of the freezing factor Jamberie, I thought it might be easier to find room in the freezer for little ones and also the kids can each do their own.  Good point though ! I hope they like them. Do you find you use them a lot ? Do you have the chocolate station ? Not sure whether we should have ordered the storage case too ??

I'm sooooo stuck to what to get the kids for Christmas .......... they have too many toys and we're more trying to downsize them than anything ........ and they have well and truly enough of the electronic stuff !! Maybe a jetski lol I'm trying to convince my DH but he doesn't seem to take me on lol.

mrsb .......... go on buy one for yourself ! I'm sure you'll still have fun !

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: October 27, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »
Will it was my weekend for spending way to much money. Unfortunately the broken ice cream machine was the first thing to stop working over the weekend. Our front loader jammed with a full load of washing inside and as it's around 12 years old we decided it was quicker and better value to purchase a new ne - appliances online to the rescue and a new one will be delivered on Tuesday and they will take the old one away. The pool heater also broke, as did the machine which does the chlorine and the pool shop said we will need a full new one. We are hoping the heater is still under warranty as it was only replaced in August last year at a cost of over $3,000, if not under warranty it will have to wait until next year. Lucky DH just got his new job!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10318 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:02 pm »
Debbie, I havent used mine as much as I had hoped...I think my DD is now at the age (3) where I'll get heaps of use out of it this summer. I do recommend the storage container because then the kiddies can experiment with different designs (have you got the cookbook?) and share them later. Or you couldmake some fancy ones for guests and serve them later etc. The only accessory I don't have is the decorating kit . It was so expensive considering what the tools were (a syringe without the sharp costs 40c from a chemist).
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: October 29, 2013, 04:29:31 am »

Love my new 'moonshine' mason jars. Smoothies taste so much nicer when they are in a pretty jar! I have pretty straws on order too.