Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478231 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11250 on: January 18, 2014, 08:56:43 am »
Lol INAID. I counted too. I've only got 36 😔😉
Brilliant storage idea kyton. Love it and would copy it if only I had the room.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: January 18, 2014, 09:31:38 am »
Looks great Kyton

Suzanne that is terrible

Well we made it to London. Managed to get DH on a train to Zurich and then a plan to London. He was feeling unwell when he woke. Saw a doctor in London free because DD lives here and he now has a virus. He is feeling better today. Don't think I will take him overseas again  ;)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: January 18, 2014, 09:37:30 am »
Good news that you have made it to London Yvette.These past few days have certainly been eventful for you. Rest up and recuperate :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: January 18, 2014, 09:42:20 am »
Thanks CC just realised I posted this in the wrong thread  :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: January 18, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
Don't worry about it Yvette. Poor DH and all of you. It must be quite disconcerting.

I spent some of one of my vouchers today and bought a cover for my lovely new Kindle.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11255 on: January 18, 2014, 12:01:22 pm »
Looks great Kyton I can't live without my spice racks and all in alphabetical order. But I must have about 30!

I have to have mine in alphabetical order too...and just out of interested I started counting and got to 51 before stopping. This does not include the 10-15 Indian spices I buy in larger packs and the food flavourings/vanilla etc... Oh dear.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:59 pm »
I had to buy a tall set of drawers for all mine Jamberie, my pantry just wouldn't hold them all once the TMX came into the house.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11257 on: January 18, 2014, 12:37:58 pm »
Yes!! DH put 12 rows of spice racks on the pantry doors to keep them. I really need more but we wonder about the weight on the 30yo doors :/
I love my TMX and how it (and of course the ppl here) has enabled me to cook sooooo many different things!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #11258 on: January 18, 2014, 06:29:50 pm »
My DS at almost 14 has the biggest feet in our house - he loves it. He's very hard on his school shoes but has been growing out of them each term, hoping his growth slows a little this year. DS has always loved shoes from the moment he started wearing them and it's one of the things we argue most about purchasing. If ever we loose him in a shopping centre, whether at home or overseas, the first place we look is the shoe stores, we normally find him with a tower of shoe boxes he is trying on. The assistants are always very friendly until they realise we have no intention of buying them. He spends most of his birthday and Christmas money purchasing shoes - a bit weird for a 14 year old boy we think  ;D

My grandson is now 21 and is huge and he was much bigger than others in his class at age 14.  I looked back at my "gifts" data for the three grandkids and when he was 14, he was wearing a size 12 shoe.  He now wear a size 16 (is 6'5" tall and weighs 280 pounds, none of it fat...  His father isn't quite 6'  but my grandfather was 6'4" and my daughter is 5'10" while I am only 5'6" - her father was also quite tall.  I don't know how it is in OZ, but giant size shoes cost more than what the shoe people consider "normal." 

On a brighter note.  I absolutely LOVE the new 3 pound breadmaker.  It will hold a double batch of the bread machine recipes and the loaves bake up perfectly (I do pull the dough out at the end of the last kneading cycle to remove the beaters in the bottom so I don't have two large holes)  and the "keep warm" function insures that I can hold the loaf right in the machine until ready to serve when I want to serve it "hot from the oven" - which impressed my guests a few days ago.  One has already ordered and received one of the machines - ordered from Amazon - and is giving it a test run today.  She phoned me at 7:30 a.m. to check on the timing of when to remove the beaters.  I was barely awake, having stayed up late watching a movie, but am pretty sure I gave her the correct info.  Hope so  :-))
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11259 on: January 18, 2014, 09:09:06 pm »
Lol Jamberoo glad I'm not the only one with a million spices.. Love Everten. I ordered a whole lot of zoku pops for Christmas for friends and my kids. I didn't open the box until the Friday before Christmas. Was most upset to see that my kids zoku pops weren't there or the storage case in a huge box there was only one and a recipe book. Anyhow Everten Sent it all no questions asked. I did order them about two months before I opened the box.

I must say though I'm very disappointed with the recipe book. Every second recipe uses vanilla pudding :/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11260 on: January 18, 2014, 09:09:37 pm »
*Jamberie

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: January 19, 2014, 03:29:40 am »
I'm sure she will contact you Andie if the information wasn't correct. :)

I'm not saying how many spices I have. :-\ :-\ The spice cupboard does need as clean out and renewal though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #11262 on: January 19, 2014, 04:25:25 am »
Lovely storage of the spices Kyton.

Suzanne, that is dreadful - I hope you caught them early on before they ran up too much but then again that may be a way to track down the culprit.

Cookie the kindle looks very smart in it's new cover.

Hope DH will be able to rest up now and you can enjoy the rest of your time away.

mcmich

« Reply #11263 on: January 19, 2014, 04:40:45 am »
DH surprised me today, he went grocery shopping (that's not the surprise) and came back with a little something for me.  :D

From T2 he bought me the Tri Tin of iced tea samplers. It has apple crumble and it smells just like apple crumble, I wouldn't mind trying that one hot. Fruitalicious, which we already have and love. Pumping pomegranate which I haven't tried but smells really good.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: January 19, 2014, 04:45:26 am »
What a lovely surprise from your DH Mich.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child