Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038358 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17565 on: April 14, 2015, 07:10:48 am »
Gee you drive a big car cookie, makes my Corolla look like a matchbox toy  ;D

I've driven big cars almost all my life Judy. When DD had a Corolla I felt like I was on the ground. Small ones are much easier to park though. I just like my car to be heavier than the caravan, though this one will be close.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #17566 on: April 14, 2015, 11:43:05 am »
I prefer to drive a big car too Cookie; the prado feels small compared with our old Landcruiser or Land Rovers but its automatic which I never had before; love it (its our only car too).

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17567 on: April 14, 2015, 12:04:14 pm »
Red cars go faster cookie. Good luck x

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: April 14, 2015, 12:15:47 pm »
I hope you can get a red one too Cookie ( my favourite colour).  Whenever I tell my Dad I'm going to get a red car he tries to talk me out of it and says it will "fade".  Bah humbugs I reckon.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17569 on: April 14, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »
My very first car was bright red, fortunately it didn't fade. I received a call this afternoon saying it looks like they have a red one in the bond store. So I may get my wish.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17570 on: April 14, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »
My very first car was bright red, fortunately it didn't fade. I received a call this afternoon saying it looks like they have a red one in the bond store. So I may get my wish.

Good for you!
Evan said maybe you could get a white one that's been North!
Denise

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: April 14, 2015, 12:31:03 pm »
Woohoo that's great news cookie.
I've got a red car and it hasn't faded. You just need a good fairy (DH) to come wash it regularly.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17572 on: April 14, 2015, 12:33:25 pm »
Not knocking red cars, my favourite, I don't believe it for a moment, I think it's funny! 
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17573 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:30 pm »
That's the sort of thing Dad's say Bedlam. Evan is right if I got a white one from the Pilbara, it would certainly be red. I think I will choose a nice new, shiny red one.  :D ;D

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #17574 on: April 14, 2015, 10:19:47 pm »
I've been away for a couple of months.
Had open-heart surgery to replace my aortic valve on March 3 and returned home a couple of days ago.
I went to stay at a friend's home in Orange county, CA - a hundred miles from here but much closer to Loma Linda university hopital heart institute.
I hadn't intended to stay away so long. I had an appointment for evaluation on 2/18 and drove to my friend's home on 2/17, intending to come back home a couple of days later.
The surgeon was adamant that I should not be driving as my condition was critical and I should limit my walking (which I was unable to do much of anyway), use the wheelchair and otherwise be inactive. Surgery was scheduled and I was referred for more tests.
I was in ICU post op for 3 days and another 4 days in major postop care.  I was supposed to go to a rehab facility but because of a problem with my healthcare HMO who wanted to send me to a place that I did not like, I was released to my friend's home and I did fantastic, had no pain, needed no "skilled nursing" and recovered so rapidly it startled my surgeon when I saw him 13 days post op.  He keep looking at my chart because he said he could not believe it had been just 2 weeks and one day. He even brought in two other surgeons to examine me!  They were all amazed that I had no postop pain where my chest had been cracked open and that I was healing so rapidly. 
In any event, I was curtailed from driving until last week but as I had no problems with short trips, I decided to come home. 
My house is a bit messy because I had been unable to do much the past few months but am anxious to get back into the swing of things.

Last night I made the mushroom risotto in my TMX which I had been craving - my friend's husband and son refuse to eat mushrooms and don't like "soupy" rice dishes so while I was there I missed it. 

Now I have numerous posts on this forum (as well as others) that I need to catch up on to make sure I haven't missed anything important or tantalizing.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #17575 on: April 14, 2015, 11:18:18 pm »
Gee Andi, you have been in the wars.  I'm so glad you are feeling fantastic now and it seems recuperating at your friends place has been the best medicine for you!  Please take care though and I hope to see more of you on here.  :-*

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17576 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:17 am »
A die you have been on a topsy turvy ride. I am so pleased that things are coming good for you. Thank goodness for friends. Take things carefully and don't over do it. Let us know how you are going please.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17577 on: April 15, 2015, 12:58:45 am »
Sorry to hear of your problems Andie but you know, it doesn't surprise me that you made a remarkable recovery  being the woman you are.  You can now pick up from where you left off, get all those jobs done in time and return to be the active woman you have always been.  Wishing you the very best and thank you for letting us know.  How lucky you are to have such supportive friends.  Take care.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17578 on: April 15, 2015, 07:45:21 am »
Andi how wonderful to have you back . What a remarkable woman you are. There  are so many new people on here who would be wise to have a look at some of your old postings!

Gert
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:47:07 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17579 on: April 15, 2015, 09:07:18 am »
It's wonderful to have you back Andie.You certainly made a speedy recovery after a major operation.How lovely to have supportive friends when you needed them the most.Again can I say it's great to see you posting again.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.