Author Topic: Suggestions for future Forum Fests.  (Read 29623 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for future Forum Fests.
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »
It's very coincidental, but I have been wondering about another FF over the past couple of months as well.  I certainly like the sound of the Barossa, or how about the Yarra Valley so some other similar area ... there is always Byron Bay - we could all go and meditate like crazy for a weekend and come home in a relaxed daze!  :o

DH and I are beginning to investigate Bendigo for a large congress fo 100+ but haven't gone very far down that road as yet.  It's a lovely place with lots to do nearby - we could hire a bus and go up to Echuca and have lunch on a paddle steamer, for instance; there are lots of shops (I don't know the place too well, so don't know what quality they are ... Chookie, do you know?).  The art gallery is of a very high standard, we could hire another bus and do a vineyard tour ... 

Just some thoughts to get started with.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 09:51:41 pm »
I am happy for any place we can do things as a group and not just go shopping individually.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 12:18:36 am »
Marina, the shopping at Bendigo is nothing special. Same at Ballarat. However both have plenty of other things of interest. Both have several good cafes and restaurants and lots of accommodation. Both have at least one very good kitchen shop.
Bendigo has a terrific art Gallery, Ballarat, not so good.
Both have train access to Melbourne.
I could suggest Ballarat as we have 3 spare bedrooms and can seat 20 for a sit down lunch. Also have 3 living areas. We are 10 minutes from the centre of Ballarat and train station by car. No local bus or tram service.
Disadvantages of Ballarat, mostly weather. Hot in Summer and very cold in winter. Early Autumn and late spring nice. Bendigo a bit warmer.
To do things as a group sounds good to me but we would need to hire a bus for most places.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 12:27:01 am »
Sounds good to me. I am sure there is other accomodation in Ballarat as well. Any locals driving  to Ballarat could help out there. An invasion of forum people would be a hoot. As we are all likeminded adults we would make sure we shared the load with our hosts. May I mow the lawn with the tractor????

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 12:45:53 am »
I was hoping you would fill us in on Ballarat, Chookie, because I don't really know it at all and I knew you would know more about Bendigo than I do as well. 

I'm not good at subtle and don't know of a subtle way to say this so, without causing you offence, I will just say it and hope you take my clumsily worded post in the best way. 

I remember at Melbourne FF you offered your hospitality to us all at Cherokee but the consensus was that we felt catering for us all was unfair on you and Ral and would take away your time from wandering around with the group.  However, I know how much you love having people to visit and stay for a snack (morning / afternoon tea?) or something more substantial and wouldn't want to talk you out of anything you get so much fun out of  but I just wanted to mention this now so that you would know that your kindness offered at Melbourne FF has not been forgotten. Having said all that, I know that I, for one, would love to take up any excuse to visit you both at Invermay - Gert may be faced with a fight for the ride on mower, though!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 01:20:51 am »
Nice to see some conversation happening girls. I'll sit back and see what you finally decide on, it would be lovely to catch up again if at all possible.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 07:15:52 am »
I'm happy to go anywhere. I'd love to try the lawn mower too.
If we head that way we could select somewhere to stay that would fit us all (not Chookie's place) and make our own bookings etc.

We could go to Alice Springs!!! Ayers Rock is too expensive and not a lot to do.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 08:37:54 am »
Any place where the shopping is limited!!!!!!!

Gertbysea

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 09:27:13 am »
Nice that people are starting to talk about another FF.  Depending on when it was Wayne and I would most probably drive to Bendigo or Ballarat.  Would be a good excuse to check out Lambly Nursery Chookie!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 01:14:59 pm »
Trudy, what a great place.
Marina, thanks for the kind words. There is no way I could take on organising a FF. doing a meal is not so hard. Where ever is decided upon, there has to be someone to coordinate the activities.