Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6330926 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27285 on: September 08, 2023, 05:50:04 am »
Chookie, that wasn't a good day for you.  Next week will be much better.

Cookie, we still get mail for the previous owners of our house even tho we have been here 13 years.  I always mark them return to sender but they always come back here.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27286 on: September 08, 2023, 08:08:44 am »
Go Judy, go.
Mag, how annoying.
Today was much better. Made 2 loaves. Both good. New hearing aids great. Good gym session. Gave Ral’s Akubra hat to a handicapped chap at the Gym. He was tickled pink. Gave me a hug!!
Friend’s birthday tomorrow. She is coming for lunch.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27287 on: September 08, 2023, 12:31:36 pm »
That was a lovely thought re the hat Chookie.

We went into the city today, as we had to go to the superannuation place. DH wanted to go on the bus and I wanted to go on the train. He won. We walked to the bus stop, caught a bus. Then had to swap buses at an interchange and then on into the city. It took us an hour and 15 minutes! I wasn’t impressed as the train only takes round 20 minutes. The bus drivers were lovely though and I was very impressed that almost every person thanked the driver. An interesting outing, and next time (hopefully there won’t be another one 😀) we will go by train.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27288 on: September 08, 2023, 11:14:34 pm »
I prefer train travel to cookie, much faster than the bus. I hope you weren’t late for your appointment.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27289 on: September 09, 2023, 06:04:31 am »
Yesterday DH and dropped ute and car to be serviced! Collect a Ute from DS and drove home . DS collected one Ute and we are picking up DH car tonight . It took a lot of working out how to do this but all good . Went to a small art exhibition today . Off to Hockey Dinner tonight ( and collecting a car) leaving DS in at boarding house for his last week of school . Then he has exam revision . All to fast . DH DS are out checking lambs . DS has been doing a lot of work for his Visual communication subject portfolio to be handed in next week .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27290 on: September 11, 2023, 08:21:13 am »
It looks like  lot has been happening since I was last here. 

Mab, I hope everything is settling down for you following your procedure a week or so ago.

We arrived back home today after a wonderful 10 day holiday in Rarotonga in the Cook Islands (our first real holiday in c. 25, years since we started our business).  What a great place.  The speed limit is a very peaceful 40 kph, the locals were all lovely and very friendly.  I think they must have churches for just about every denomination under the sun (and perhaps a few more thrown into the mix as well) and the locals all seem very religious. 

So far, the "ferals" and "Bali bogans" have not discovered the Cooks (and I hope they never do) so it is very peaceful and laid back. 

The island is pretty well a circle (an extinct volcano) - about 34 kms driving from start to finish, yet they manage to have two bus routes - one called Clockwise, the second Anti-clockwise!! 

DH and I really did very little - just sat on the front deck reading books and relaxing. The house we were staying in was very quirky (to say the least), but that made the whole visit more interesting.  I couldn't get phone reception (I was too mean to buy a SIM) and we didn't have any luck with getting onto WiFi either so couldn't keep in touch with the shop ... how sad  :'( ... I can't say I was upset about that, after a day or two being out of touch I didn't even think about work at all. 

Rarotonga is definitely on my list of places to return to in the future.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27291 on: September 11, 2023, 10:56:50 am »
A much deserved holiday Marina, glad you could completely relax and forget about the rest of the world. Welcome home.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27292 on: September 11, 2023, 11:07:15 am »
Marina what a beautiful holiday. The Cook Islands are beautiful and quant . I went there so long ago nearly 30 years . The water was incredible. All I remember was relaxing and buying very cheap alcohol.
I ventured into the chook outside pen , to weed out mushmellow weed , stinging nettle weeds ! Never Been so bad . I pulled and puffed , did about a third . My knees are so sore , o don’t know why they hurt so much . But I was careful . It’s heating up this week do the pressure is on to get it all out before it gets to hot . Concerned that snakes will appear. This morning DH and I checked all the ewes and lambs . Takes some time . Twins a triplets looking very cute , especially when stuck on the wrong side of fence .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27293 on: September 11, 2023, 01:13:29 pm »
We went to the dentist this morning. All good for another 6 months.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27294 on: September 11, 2023, 09:00:57 pm »
Marina, what a lovely well earned break.
Cookie, hope the bus trip to Super office was worth the effort.
Today I finally was able to get into my blog. I’ve been locked out for a lot a year from adding new recipes. Very frustrating.  However I now can’t get into Snap Recipes. I’ve spent hours trying all suggestions.
The Tai Chi classes are having a holiday. Same as school hols. I’m trying to work out how to access a class on line. GS may help.
Get car back today.  Have enjoyed driving the van. Sit up high and very responsive.
Sunshine yesterday. Everyone was out walking. More for the remaining week.
I’m taking my Little neighbour to the pictures tomorrow , I think he is looking forward to the popcorn and other rubbish more than the film.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27295 on: September 11, 2023, 09:21:04 pm »
Chookie your little neighbour will be delighted. It’s hard when you’re on a good routine with a Thai chi to have break . Find the same with yoga .wounder if they have pre recorded online classes .
I know it’s been cold but not ready for week of warm weather . Although I have a lot of large things to wash .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27296 on: September 11, 2023, 11:33:16 pm »
Enjoy the movie Chookie, I hope it’s not The Strays!  A friend invited me to join her to see a ‘lovely doggie movie’, we had no idea it was M rated. Only 10 people in the theatre including 2 young couples which I thought was odd when we walked in. However it soon became clear what we were in for and my poor friend couldn’t believe her ears and eyes. We had many laughs though and were soon not shocked at anything we saw. It brings a smile to my face whenever I think of that experience.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27297 on: September 12, 2023, 12:12:26 am »
I just looked up a synopsis on the Strays, sounds like a confronting movie.  I don't think I could handle watching it.

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27298 on: September 12, 2023, 05:55:56 am »
What a lovely relaxing holiday Marina.  The Cook Islands sound wonderful.

Cookie, enjoy your trip to the movies with your little neighbour.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27299 on: September 12, 2023, 10:04:45 am »
Early morning weeding the chook house yard . Then yoga . The weeding is doing me in but I had to finish it off this afternoon. DH came and pulled a few stubborn ones out , and left me to it . Two wheel barrows later some very happy chooks finding a huge amount of worms and yes the Bantum chook had her eggs in there . I was warned by DH re snakes . You guessed it as putting the second barrow on the burn pile there was a tiger snake slithering off a log in the middle !! Now I could even say there was a lot of snake or maybe two together. I was like lightening gone barrow and all . Locked chooks up and that’s me done for awhile. Interesting that the cats had not joined me , they always follow me there .