Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038188 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25305 on: July 24, 2021, 07:31:08 am »
So yet again it’s freezing but the sun came out this morning and so did the bees at the back door were a huge puddle of water was a great drinking hole ... kitten adventures to swipe and play with bees !! Boys out feeding sheep , DD is Finally collecting some wood for the house fire . Watching Olympics , wow found on 7plus heaps of sporting events!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25306 on: July 25, 2021, 02:32:28 am »
Still cleaning out cupboards. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25307 on: July 25, 2021, 09:48:48 am »
You are very good Chookie. We had a car run today up  into the hills, it was very nice. Then we came down the zig zag. We lent our black Model A to the same young guy again and he lent us his 1971 Jaguar something or other. It is truly magnificent and so very different to the Model A's. We had such a smooth ride and it went round the corners on the zig zag so very well. Some of the Model A's had to have 2 tries at getting round the corners as they double back onto themselves.
We got home and have been busy packing the van.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:53:43 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25308 on: July 25, 2021, 10:40:54 am »
Nice swap cookie, comfort plus.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25309 on: July 25, 2021, 02:06:53 pm »
Nice swap cookie, comfort plus.
When we go out and it is cold we take the car with the heated seats. Think we are getting soft.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25310 on: July 26, 2021, 10:43:49 am »
How exciting to have heated seats. I think you certainly need them over there Chookie. We left home about 9 this morning. We had a pleasant drive and ended up in Morawa, my home town. It turned out we did 523km but it didn’t seem that far. We looked out for wildflowers but there are very few. It seems a bit early. We will have to come back in a few weeks.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25311 on: July 26, 2021, 11:09:07 am »
A long drive cookie, do you still know anyone in your home town?

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25312 on: July 26, 2021, 01:14:16 pm »
Nice to go for a camping break Cookie .
DH and I were saying how we don’t know what part of the year we are up to , there has been no landmark events and it’s all blurring into one . I know this was the same last year but it’s just like life is flat and boring. But then DS DD do crazy things to make us laugh . The kitten has been out all day over at the shear we think it’s eaten something as it has a really fat tummy and even feels heavy , what it is who knows . To add a laugh I discovered the kitten in the boiler room ( this is outside bricked room that holds DH prized boiler that heats hydronic heating with wood . One kitten was sitting on the lid ... I screamed grabbed it , lucky as last night it went out so not as hot as it normally is . Awhile latter it was fully in a puddle of water drinking . DD had her first day on line uni for semester two !!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25313 on: July 27, 2021, 09:04:55 am »
Life is never boring for you KAtie. We went up to a couple of places north of Morawa to see if there was any flowers, not a lot yet. Then we went out to have a look at the farm. There was water over a lot of the roads. It was lovely though.
No Judy, I don’t really know many people here now. The older ones have fallen off the perch and most of the ones my age have left the farms. The farms have got bigger as the machinery has. It needs less people to work them.

Canola on our old farm.
Water over the road near the farm.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:07:04 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25314 on: July 27, 2021, 09:17:27 am »
Yes, time marches on and everything changes cookie. Very wet out there!

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25315 on: July 27, 2021, 12:40:12 pm »
Gosh that’s early flowering canola crop . Hope you didn’t go down that road . I decided to clean out a bag of bathroom things, well I kneeled on the floor for ages thinking nothing of it , now I can hardly walk , stupid I do know that my knees are getting rather painful ,just have to take it easy . Off very early to take DS to boarding house drop off his gear , he will have to find  his school uniform and then straight to barber to fix the mullet hair !! This is not normal he let his mates trim up his hair before camp !! Well it is really bad and one side is shaved shorter than the other , I’m not looking forward to what it will look like but no way can he go to school like he is . Then food shopping ! Lockdown easing tomorrow so hopefully that’s a good thing . Need to restock the freezer !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:53:02 pm by K Atie »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25316 on: July 27, 2021, 09:14:34 pm »
Never mind, K Atie, as my lovely father in law once said to me "... at least it will grow again". Also, have you tried using knee pads / protectors for when you are kneeling?  I have some that I use when I am gardening and they make a huge difference - you will usually find them in hardware stores or gardening centres.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25317 on: July 28, 2021, 12:29:21 am »
Cookie, nice travelling outfit.  We are again enjoying your holiday.  Thanks for the photos.
K Atie , teenage kids seem to do strange things with their hair. It does grow again.
We are watching the Olympics. Trying a few new recipes. Converting some bread recipes to make small loaves in the bread machine. Handy as I’m not eating much bread.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25318 on: July 28, 2021, 01:28:04 am »
Bunnings have a great garden kneeler Katie, very helpful for those having trouble getting up.  Are you looking at a knee replacement down the track perhaps?

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25319 on: July 28, 2021, 04:40:53 am »
Supermarket shopping this morning.  It rained heavily on the way back to the car so came home soaked through.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.