Author Topic: Prawn curry Thai-style  (Read 20500 times)

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
Re: Prawn curry Thai-style
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 11:50:19 am »
An ha.great thanks for the tip... That's why I didn't end up doing it,caused didn't really know what I was doing. Lol. But it seemed logical to me that cooking the fish apart for the sauce would make sense. Now I know it needs to be done separately. For that matter I could almost even do it after as it wouldn't take long and e rest is just sauce and a bit of vege.

So question, could you steam the veges and the fish together... Im guessing fish on the top and veges underneath? ;)
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »
Yes Lilli but depending on how thick your fish is, the vegies may take longer so you could just add the fish later.
Just check out some of the fresh fish recipes on the forum for steaming times to give you some idea.  For small salmon fillets of 125g, I only steam them for 8 minutes on varoma temp using 600mls of boiling water in the bowl but one of the recipes from MWOC which uses codfish, the potatoes are put in the basket (4cm dice), zucchini goes in the varoma dish (.5cm slices) and thick codfish fillets go on the tray and it is cooked for 25 minutes with 700mls tap water in the bowl. Everything is kept warm whilst the citrus butter is made in the bowl.  Fish cooking takes a bit of practise to get right, you don't want it steamed to death. Each time you do a fish dish make sure you write your times down if they differ from the recipe - it takes the guesswork out of it for next time.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 02:38:40 am »
Ah huh... Yes I must remember to write it down and tweak it depending on results. Thanks for the advise.
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2